Author Topic: Zip off trousers  (Read 1925 times)

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Re: Zip off trousers
« Reply #15 on: 10:33:59, 01/07/19 »
Sorry duplicate post so deleted

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 18:24:33, 01/07/19 »

That will be why I’m still looking for a replacement pair for mine then!  :D   I got mine nearly ten years ago I guess. My Craghoppers have the leg seam zip, very useful. And the “legs” have an L and R on. They come just above my knee. I do notice the zip sometimes though it doesn’t really bother me as the trousers are fairly baggy,  but I’d much rather have the option of zipping off when it gets hot, or back on when going through long grass etc. I’ve tried on several other makes and they’re just not the same. Mine are now looking decidedly ancient and worn out though. These ones come to the right place on my waist as well, I can’t stand them on my hips. I will probably end up getting  another pair of Craghoppers but I really would like some with a leg seam (to save me hopping around!) so if anyone can recommend any?

If you find any with finding zip off trousers with leg seam zips can you please let us know as I have been looking for such trousers for some time an have had no luck so far. Sounds like I am not the only one who appreciated them.
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 09:05:48, 02/07/19 »
I love/loved zip offs but now find the legs look rather baggy for today's fashion when leggings seem to be preferred.
I've 2 pairs North face and 2 pairs of Royal Robbins which have a gusset on the lower leg,
which is closed by Velcro, to allow them to be taken off over boots. Bought in 1997 I am wearing the shorts part now, which are a bit shorter than more up to date ones.
I just love the adaptability - no decisions whether it is a shorts or legs day - just change with the weather. Less to pack on a multiday walk.

Seems the Royal Robbins, (with Velcro leg gussets) are still available. Warning - sizing is american

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Royal-Robbins-Womens-Classic-8-Regular/dp/B001MS87PY/ref=asc_df_B001MS87PY/?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583520385790127&psc=1

« Last Edit: 09:31:13, 02/07/19 by Jac »
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 09:48:42, 03/07/19 »
I'd not really thought about the mid-walk on-and-off-ability of the zip off lower leg bits over boots  :-\

archaeoroutes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 19:08:37, 03/07/19 »
I'd not really thought about the mid-walk on-and-off-ability of the zip off lower leg bits over boots  :-\
I often see people who zip them off and leave them round their lower legs/ankles like gaiters. Not for me! If I'm going to be wearing shorts I'm also in sandals or at least very lightweight walking shoes.
Walking routes visiting ancient sites in Britain's uplands: http://www.archaeoroutes.co.uk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy