Author Topic: Where to stay in Snowdonia  (Read 4888 times)

Squill

Where to stay in Snowdonia
« on: 20:03:40, 20/08/08 »
Well, Wanting to go away with my fiancée to do snowdon in September, could people point me in the best area to stay, thats not to far from the mountain itself!

Cheers guys

Rock God

Re: Where to stay in Snowdonia
« Reply #1 on: 15:54:54, 21/08/08 »
Hi There , , It Would All Depend On Which Route You Intend Taking Up Snowdon. We Have Stopped  A Number Of Times At " The HEIGHTS ", A Pub In Llanberis  It Self , When Walking The Tourist Route Up Snowdon . Very Friendly And Not Too Dear . If Taking The "Snowdon Ranger "  Route , We Stayed At The Best B And B In The Area , " Plas Y Coed " On The Beddgelert - Caernarfon Road At A Little Hamlet Named Betws Garmon . This Is Really Second To None, Peace And Tranquillity In Abundence !!  Best Wishes And Enjoy "My " Mountain !!! .

Squill

« Reply #2 on: 17:26:49, 21/08/08 »
Well were wanting to take a more challenging route to the summit. so probable not the tourist route!

Whats the other route like?

legs-o-lead

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:13:02, 29/08/08 »
Hey Squill,

I did the old man via the Watkins Path last September.... it was a hard push and more of a scramble at the top. I stayed at the Llyn Gwynant campsite, and was charged (if I remember) £6 for the pitch per night. They also have fire-baskets so you can have a proper blaze - buy the wood from the campsite owner for £4 a bag. One bag will last you the night easily... I supplemented mine by scavenging some from old fires !!

I walked to the base of the Watkins Path - about 60 mins, then climbed Snowdon, and returned via the Pyg Track, and a walk-out around the north eastern face. In all it took me about 7 1/2 hours.

I was planning on doing the Glyders the same weekend, but was too knackered !!

There are plenty of places to stay in Beddgelert - but beware of the "visitors tax" - everything in town is so expensive !!

Courage doesn't always roar like a lion. Sometimes courage is a small voice at the end of a long hard day saying "I'll try again tomorrow".

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy