Author Topic: an unusual request...  (Read 1401 times)

truenorth

an unusual request...
« on: 12:39:03, 07/03/07 »
Hello all,

please can you help me out with my unusual request...

I'm looking for the name of a walk that sounds like it could have many hills/peaks in the walk. Daft I know but there is a reason.

So something like...

- Many Hills Walk
 - Hundred Peak Walk
 - Northern Hills Walk
 - Walk of the Many Peaks

If the walk was based North of Birmingham that would be just perfect.

If such a walk exists, please could you let me know.

All help greatly received.

Many thanks.

TN

Snowman

Re: an unusual request...
« Reply #1 on: 09:34:54, 15/03/07 »
Best I can suggest which is a bit west of Birmingham rather than north, is the Six Shropshire Summits walk.    It's about 36 miles.

I've only done about half of it, because I started it towards the end of the last foot and mouth fiasco.    The first summit and about the first 5 miles was closed to walkers, and trail finding was made even more difficult by the local farmers' apparent decision to take advantage of the F&M regulations to allow footpaths to almost disappear.    After struggling to find paths east of Church Stretton I came to a point where a stile was totally impassable so gave up and went to the nearest pub instead.

The route is a little difficult to get anyway.    I used the Long Distance Walkers' Handbook which only tells you what the summits are, and leaves you to work out the route.    I remember mostly enjoying it despite the frustration of trying to find public footpaths that had been allowed to decay.

S.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy