Author Topic: Organised Walks/ Ramblers Etc  (Read 4818 times)

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: Organised Walks/ Ramblers Etc
« Reply #15 on: 20:57:40, 19/04/07 »
Think mine will be somewhat in the Grade C zone  ;)

Robbosoul

« Reply #16 on: 21:14:20, 19/04/07 »
Blister - your not alone. Great walking doesn,t have to be to SAS standard for it to count. Distance makes up for elevation and views are just as good at low level. I used to think that if i didn,t come close to exhaustion then it didn,t count but i got wise and enjoy it more now. I love to go lottery walking with the missus - you know the form, i,d buy that house with the waterwheel etc if i won the lottery and you can only do this at low levels. Lets enjoy it for what it is, fresh air and great countryside.

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 21:22:02, 19/04/07 »
Ha Ha, think my insecurity is starting to show  ;D

abruzzowalks

« Reply #18 on: 12:39:27, 26/04/07 »
The thing I've found in the past is it's alright to be a pioneer, go it alone, etc. But I also like walking in groups, that's why I started guiding walks.

Take a region like Abruzzo, in Italy. The maps show routes, which are frequently blocked. If you've only got a week, walking with others who know the region, gives a satisfing way of seeing some of the best walks, without the utter frustration. Some areas the maps are 50 years out of date!. Once you've got a feel for what's out there, you can always go back again another time to exert yourself further.

Sometimes the best views are a reward after a long ascent, having the oppertunity to chat if you feel like it breaks things up a bit.

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 13:47:24, 26/04/07 »
Hi there, Abruzzowalks,

Wonderful picture that, you can almost feel those peaks  So are you thinking of posting some routes of your Italian adventure, or if not, how about writing up an account?

Regards

abruzzowalks

« Reply #20 on: 16:38:53, 27/04/07 »
Ciao Mr Blister,

I'm new to this walking forum, how do I post a route, or write up an account?

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 20:17:00, 27/04/07 »
Hi again, Abruzzo,

Generally speaking there are no hard and set rules, depending on length of the trail I would just start your own thread here in "General Discussion" - longer ones I would post in "Long Distance Trails".  Some of the contributors to the site have been discussing starting a "routes" section, but no one yet (myself included) has yet to post one.

With an account, I would definitely post pictures with it, but not so many as to swamp the narrative, and just highlight the main features of your walk (geographical, anecdotal and personal).  This is still a relatively new site, and so the more contributors the more people with know what walks are 'out there'.

Personally speaking, I'm very much localised to East Yorkshire, but would find it very interesting to read something of your Italian routes.  I'm sure some of the people on here will give some good advice.

Regards,
B.  :)

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 21:58:37, 27/04/07 »
Abruzzowalks

Hello and welcome,  would love to see and hear more of your walks.

I still have'nt posted any routes myself yet but i will have a bit of time on my hands now, so i will get started soon  ;D
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy