Author Topic: Lake District...Outlying Fells  (Read 1147 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Lake District...Outlying Fells
« on: 11:25:47, 08/10/07 »
7th October 2007

SE Lakeland:  Wainwrights Outlying Fells

School Knott which overlooks Windermere was our objective today but wanting a bit longer walk we decided to walk it from Ashes Lane near the Plumgarth roundabout and to use part of the Dales Way.

Distance:   12 miles        Ascent:    1705 feet     Time:   5h 30m

Dave

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: Lake District...Outlying Fells
« Reply #1 on: 16:54:41, 08/10/07 »
Come on, Dave, let's talk mist ..

You've made some slurring comments about mist on this walk, and I just have to say something .. surely you don't believe that mist detracts from the beauty of a walk?  I feel that mist, and overall drowdiness (is that a word, if not, it should be) of weather adds to the feeling of being lost in hills and woodlands.

Granted, I accept, it makes taking pictures a little more difficult but the results of some make them more worthwhile.  I love walking in mist, especially when it's open countryside.

But thanks again for another fine report.  Sir, you make me ache for the Lakes!

;)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Re: Lake District...Outlying Fells
« Reply #2 on: 17:50:16, 08/10/07 »
Come on, Dave, let's talk mist ..

You've made some slurring comments about mist on this walk, and I just have to say something .. surely you don't believe that mist detracts from the beauty of a walk?  I feel that mist, and overall drowdiness (is that a word, if not, it should be) of weather adds to the feeling of being lost in hills and woodlands.

Granted, I accept, it makes taking pictures a little more difficult but the results of some make them more worthwhile.  I love walking in mist, especially when it's open countryside.

But thanks again for another fine report.  Sir, you make me ache for the Lakes!

;)

Mr B,
Nothing, absolutely nothing distracts from the beauty of a walk. My comments re mist apply only to the restrictive views it gave. I will agree that in some circumstances the mist can actually enhance the photography but when your looking for a shot in the distance that doesn't apply.
Thanks for your comments though, they are much appreciated.
Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy