Author Topic: TR - Ayot St. Peter to Peters Green and back  (Read 1578 times)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: TR - Ayot St. Peter to Peters Green and back
« Reply #15 on: 09:02:26, 04/07/20 »
Thanks RR

I’m guessing your 22 miles might be Dufton to Alston though we had that down as just under 21 miles? I was a bit worried about walking that far but although it was a tough day I think because we were so far into the walk it was easier. Spreadsheets - my husband has them for all our LDWs, he emails them to me to approve or not!  ;D
I've got Greenhead to Belligham as our longest day at 22 miles but I haven't actually measured it on a map just taken the distances from books or on line. I regularly walk 15 to 18 miles but hadn't done 20 miles for a while so it felt like a psychological barrier that I should cross before I was staggering through the fog near High Cup Nick.
I email the spreed sheet to my son to keep him informed, not for approval. I am pretty sure he just ignores it.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 09:28:26, 04/07/20 »
Looks really nice, twee countryside  O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 10:17:53, 04/07/20 »
Looks really nice, twee countryside  O0
Thanks pleb.

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 10:37:25, 04/07/20 »
But I read through that list of place names and realised that I hadn't a clue where you were walking

Same here!

Enjoyed looking through photos, they did actually remind me of the Tyne Valley (Northumberland!), but those place names didn't.

Greenhead to Bellingham, watch out for that hole my right leg disappeared down, just after leaving Hadrians Wall! Avoiding bog, ended up soaked and stinking .... Foot was dangling down there, not touching the bottom!

« Last Edit: 10:45:04, 04/07/20 by Dodgylegs »

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 11:43:07, 04/07/20 »
Greenhead to Bellingham, watch out for that hole my right leg disappeared down,
I'll keep an eye out for it, I assume there will be some sort of wayside shrine or at least a commemorative plaque.

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 12:10:22, 04/07/20 »
Maybe The Lambton Worm's new home....

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy