Author Topic: Awfully Big SWCP Adventure - Dartmouth to Looe / Polperro  (Read 2565 times)

Bimbling Jean

Not long now until I set off on the next leg of my reprise of SWCP - I walked the whole of the path from 2001 to 2009 and in 2013 started to re-walk path from the Poole end -  by last year I got as far as Kingswear.

Now in a couple of weeks I resume my journey with my schedule as below:-

Sat 27th June Dartmouth to Start Point
Sun 28th June Start Point to Salcombe
Mon 29th June Salcombe to Bantham
Tues 30th June Bantham to Noss Mayo (a big day - hopefully including successfully wading the River Erme)
Weds 1st July Noss Mayp to Kingsand
Thurs 2nd July Kingsand to Downderry
Fri 3rd July Downderry to Looe or Polperro (if there's a bus back to Looe!)

If anyone fancies joining me on any of these days I'd be happy to have the company - but if not well wish me luck!
The longest journey starts with a single step

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Wish I could join you for a day or two Jean but I'm off to Norfolk at the end of the month!

Hope you have a great time!

Take care and take lots of pics  O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Rather be walking

Brill! One of my favourite sections is Fowey to Polperro (thank God for the NT).

Good luck have a great time.

John.
““The hardest part was coming to terms with the constant dispiriting discovery that there is always more hill.”
― Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

silverfox

Good luck Jean.  The walk from polruan to Polperro is stunning and hard work. I've resently finigh Minehead to Westward Ho!  Section next section early September and I can't wait.

Bimbling Jean

Just ordered a waterproof dry sack for maps, phone etc in case I fall in the Erme whilst wading it!!

Thanks for all your good wishes - anticipation building - have a great time in the flat lands, Tracey (I might be envying you as I toil up the cliffs!!) - I know how you feel Silverfox - always looking forward to the next section once one's over - I'm already salivating at the thought of Fowey to Polruan via Lantic Bay on my next foray!

Phileas

I too know the feeling of anticipation at doing the next section of the SWCP. I completed Minehead - Poole last May. I just know one day I'll have to start from the other end.
Robin

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
Good luck with the walk, Jean
I've just come back from walking the section between Porthcurno and St Ives  -  loved it  :)

Fri 3rd July Downderry to Looe or Polperro (if there's a bus back to Looe!)

Hope this helps   http://www.cornwallpublictransport.info/bus_timetables.asp

Bimbling Jean

Thanks for link Dovegirl - looking quite promising on bus front! When I google this journey the bus comes up but when I go on Traveline it says the journey is not possible - I miss the former Transport Direct website - I find the Traveline replacement not so reliable.

Phileas - I give you a couple of years at the most before you are back on the trail - the wrong way round!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy