Author Topic: The GR10, pigs and a present for myself!  (Read 6124 times)

Stephen Mac

Re: The GR10, pigs and a present for myself!
« Reply #15 on: 10:25:28, 01/10/15 »
 :D Well done on finishing the GR. It is a worthy achievement. I have been doing it in bits and pieces and I know just how tough some of it can be. Scary about the cow. That plateau is a really amazing place with beautiful views. Well done on keeping going through injury. Hard as nails. O0

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 18:00:31, 01/10/15 »
Thank you. I had a really good day today. After being diagnosed with Prostate Cancer at the beginning of the year, having it removed in April, going through a period of incontinence, then getting back to normal, then developing a hernia on the GR10 I thought could anything else go wrong?

Today was a VERY GOOD day, I saw the surgeon this afternoon (and my favourite nurse) and was told that I am now officially free of cancer! Two blood test in a row, one in June and the most recent one were both negative. I have now been discharged and in the future only am advised to have six monthly check ups. All I need now is a date for my hernia repair.

I celebrated by going for a 3 mile run through the woods. The weather was perfect, sunny and hot and I didn't see a soul. To round off the day I will go to the pub tonight and have a few pints.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 18:08:44, 01/10/15 »
Definitely cause for celebration ...  O0 :)
Where there's a will ...

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 20:39:24, 01/10/15 »
Congratulations on finishing the GR10 (especially with a hernia) and do enjoy your few pints to celebrate your good news  O0
Hate will never win

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 09:21:04, 05/10/15 »
Today was a VERY GOOD day, I saw the surgeon this afternoon (and my favourite nurse) and was told that I am now officially free of cancer! 

Congratulations!!!!

mananddog

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 14:43:46, 06/10/15 »
Well done!

AND
I have now been discharged and in the future only am advised to have six monthly check ups. All I need now is a date for my hernia repair.

Congratulations!

Your post reminded me of climbing there many years ago. A couple arrived and saw the cost of staying in the fenced campsite and decided to camp outside the fence. We were woken by screams in the early hours as herd of wild pigs had invaded their tent and were not prepared to leave until they had ransacked everything for food.

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 11:47:54, 21/12/15 »
I had my GR10 heria repaired on Saturday 12th December. I now feel that that hike is finished!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy