Author Topic: Bretton Clough - A hidden gem  (Read 6038 times)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Bretton Clough - A hidden gem
« Reply #15 on: 17:45:15, 07/06/11 »
Thanks muchly Mick & Dunc  O0 

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 18:22:12, 07/06/11 »
Quite forgotten how pretty Bretton Clough is - in some ways, not really 'peakdistricty'. But should you be revealing its secret charms to the walking world Tracey? Don't you sometimes feel you want to hug some special places to yourself? Or am I being selfish?

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 08:00:40, 08/06/11 »
should you be revealing its secret charms to the walking world Tracey? Don't you sometimes feel you want to hug some special places to yourself? Or am I being selfish?

I do understand what you mean - but at the same time, I'd like to think that others were able to experience the beauty, tranquility and 'charm' that it has to offer. 
Besides, if someone hadn't told me about Bretton Clough some years ago, I may have never seen those sights for myself.

I wouldn't get the feeling of inner peace that I get for those precious few hours while I'm walking there.

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 22:42:49, 08/06/11 »
No inner peace when Bretton Clough is invaded by all the people on  the forums! It was of course a joke but it does have a serious point - should we keep some very special areas to ourselves and friends we know will appreciate them?

Peakbagger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 00:13:59, 09/06/11 »
That looks a lovely area Tracey. I've not been there myself yet so it's nice to see what it's like. Will have to pay a visit sometime. :)
Current Munro tally: 78 out of 282 completed so far.

All 190 Welsh Nuttalls completed.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 07:15:08, 09/06/11 »
No inner peace when Bretton Clough is invaded by all the people on  the forums!

I very much doubt that most folk on this particular forum will be rushing to invade Bretton Clough!
They'd rather be scaling the dizzy heights of the Lakes, Snowdonia etc.... ;)

T. :)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 07:17:23, 09/06/11 »
That looks a lovely area Tracey. I've not been there myself yet so it's nice to see what it's like. Will have to pay a visit sometime. :)

Thanks Mike  :)

I'd be happy to allow you & Caroline to invade it any time you like! :D ......but only if I can be there too! ;)

altirando

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 19:36:20, 09/06/11 »
Ah, then they shouldn't judge a walk by the number of feet climbed or the degree to which they scared themselves. Personally I prefer to walk at low levels in the Spring to enjoy the new growth bursting out. Going high you go back into winter.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy