Author Topic: wild camp  (Read 13209 times)

Rambler

Re: wild camp
« Reply #15 on: 14:37:33, 20/01/13 »
It is a wonder no one has mentioned not to camp in the wood below Kinder down fall.  It has a reputation for people running off and leaving their gear and tents. :o

There is one walker who has collected and sold a few items from the woods ;) O0

Don't know if he is still around else I would of thought he might of commented..

Also parts of Saddleworth moor have a very large thing wandering around, it normally keeps clear of people but if you meet it on a dark evening or night, do take a fresh change of underwear.

:-X
Woods below Kinder Downfall, that will be because of the mermaid! Good luck to anyone collecting gear from there because it is stupidly hard to get to even when travelling light.

Hipsoe

« Reply #16 on: 18:22:22, 20/01/13 »
[quote  we want to see the sun rise wi a frost on the ground and a warm cup of coffe in hand cheers guys :)

Not what you're looking for but I have experienced that at Brands hatch!! :D :D  Went on to be a great days racing as well. O0

moonchip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 01:05:25, 12/02/13 »
Also parts of Saddleworth moor have a very large thing wandering around, it normally keeps clear of people but if you meet it on a dark evening or night, do take a fresh change of underwear.

:-X

Thanks Jim ....... I didn't think I looked THAT bad .......
“Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold -- but so does a hard-boiled egg.”

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 15:57:56, 12/02/13 »

Thanks Jim ....... I didn't think I looked THAT bad .......

;D ;D ;D   Silly sod  ;) O0

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: 02:20:16, 13/02/13 »
you can legally wild camp in scotland

Not on the stretch of the East bank of Loch Lomond due to Glasgow neds wasting the area. Loch Lomond National Park Rangers have been very strict with this rule. It was brought in because of large groups of neds driving up to the area, pitching dozens of tents, setting bonfires and spending the whole weekends drunk and loud.
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 09:49:36, 13/02/13 »

Not on the stretch of the East bank of Loch Lomond due to Glasgow neds wasting the area. Loch Lomond National Park Rangers have been very strict with this rule. It was brought in because of large groups of neds driving up to the area, pitching dozens of tents, setting bonfires and spending the whole weekends drunk and loud.

Always some prat spoiling it for the rest of us..  like you say AC.

Requiem

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 16:33:02, 15/02/13 »
As someone previously mentioned, Macclesfield Forest is a magical place at night - I remember bivvying on top of Shutlingsloe for a meteor shower and being treated by a light show in the sky and owls ghosting across the moor below me into the woodland at about three in the morning.
As a Volunteer for the National Park its often tricky reconciling wild camping with the bye-laws etc, but I try and pitch late, leave early - I only use a stove rather than setting a fire and any rubbish I carry out.
R
PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy