Author Topic: Friend requires advice on quickest way up and down Scafell Pike for 3 Peaks  (Read 1005 times)

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
More on the subject of walking, compared to most of my posts, i have been contacted by email last night, by a friend who is keen to complete the 3 Peaks Challenge in a fast time, later this year.
He has scaled Ben Nevis numerous times, but has yet to add Scafell Pike or Snowdon to his list.
I have offered my advice for Snowdon, but i am at loss to give him solid advice on the quickest and safest way up Englands highest summit.

Usually i am full of gusto, on the message boards here on the forum, but have no experience with the Lakes, and do not claim any knowledge about the best routes.

Any wise advice would be much appreciated, both for him and myself, as i have suggested i might join him up Scafell Pike, as its the only summit of the three ive never visited, only seen from my car from a distance on the M6 North.

beefy

• Veteran Member
Any wise advice would be much appreciated,
Helicopter  :D
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Glyno

• Veteran Member
From vehicle to summit, the shortest way by far is from Wasdale Head NT Campsite and via Lingmell Gill and Hollow Stones.
However, getting to Wasdale Head itself can be a bit of a faff for the driver, particularly if coming from the M6.

Seathwaite in Borrowdale is more accessible for the motorist, but the trek to Scafell Pike is longer. If your 'friend' is a runner/athlete the extra distance may not be so significant.

Swings and roundabouts really.

beefy

• Veteran Member

zip wire?
;D  I think you might be forgetting one thing
Gravity
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Glyno

• Veteran Member
Yes, I knew really.

April

• Veteran Member
Helicopter  :D

zip wire?

:)

A Thommen altimeter would be a useful bit of kit  ;)

Oh, and what Glyn said about the quickest routes  O0
Hate will never win

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
Thank You for the info.
He lives in Inverness, and is without his own transport, so i can understand why he has never found time to explore the Lakes or Snowdonia.
Having to rely on public transport, cannot be easy, and he has done the Ben Nevis race a few times, so is pretty good on the mountains.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy