Author Topic: Roseberry Topping and Captain Cook's Monument  (Read 1056 times)

oodboo

Roseberry Topping and Captain Cook's Monument
« on: 10:53:53, 04/04/15 »
Colds have been doing the rounds in my house. I've spent the best part of the last week comforting a very snotty young man who made it his mission to pass his germs on to me. I could feel I was starting to come down with something so I planned an easier walk for my one day of freedom. Great Ayton is only about an hours drive so a lot closer than the lakes so I figured it's time to pay Roseberry Topping a visit.

I was going to park at the tourist information office car park but there was a space along side the stream so I made use of that. This was the first time I've been to Great Ayton and it seems like a nice little village.

It was a short walk out the village and we could see where we were heading. Just needed to get through the woods first.

Bank holiday weather meant there wasn't much point taking a lot of photos.

It's quite a long way down.

Looking back at Roseberry Topping on our way to Captain Cook's monument.

Approaching Captain Cook's monument.

Was a nice walk back to the village from there but weather made it pointless taking any more photos as, apart from some woods, there was nothing to see.

I was a nice easy seven mile walk and just what I needed after a week cooped up indoors with poorly kids.

C2C10

• Veteran Member
Re: Roseberry Topping and Captain Cook's Monument
« Reply #1 on: 13:56:52, 04/04/15 »
Super walk and have done this circular walk, a few times.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy