Author Topic: Lesotho - Southern Africa  (Read 1070 times)

andyj

Lesotho - Southern Africa
« on: 13:54:44, 09/12/11 »
Has anyone else been here?

I went back in 1998 on a BSES led expedition, for 6 weeks, during which time we covered approx 240miles, and had the time of my life!

I'm pretty sure I've still got the journal's I wrote whilst there, and I actually wrote a full report on the trip. If I can find it, I'll get some snippets up, and also some of the photo's I took......

mananddog

• Veteran Member
Re: Lesotho - Southern Africa
« Reply #1 on: 14:07:07, 09/12/11 »
I technically crossed the border while in the Drakensburg mountains but I don't think that counts  ;D

andyj

« Reply #2 on: 09:36:27, 12/12/11 »
I didn't have the opportunity to get up in to the Drakensburg escarpement :( We were mainly in the central region, around Semonkong/Sehonghong (I think they were called!!!)

Haven't had chance to dig out all my maps/notes/photo's from the trip, as they've been boxed up ready for our house move (which has now been canned due to our buyers pulling out...... grrrr!)

glovepuppet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:48:32, 12/12/11 »
Been there for a day whilst trekking in the Drakensberg region. We were driven up via the Sani Pass (by a guy called Four Feet - not called Four Feet because of his height or because he had extra limbs, but because he drove the wagon that carried the bits of wood that were four feet long!  ;D ).

We spent some time looking around in and around that area. I seem to remember it being cold and quite foggy at the top, so views were in short supply. But looking down the pass as the mists blew by was an eerie experience!  :D

I'd love to go back one day for longer and envy you your trip!  ;D

andyj

« Reply #4 on: 11:07:50, 12/12/11 »
I'm quite tempted to go back myself at somepoint, just need time/money and approval from the mrs..... ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy