Author Topic: Holiday in Looe - walking advice.  (Read 2956 times)

rodd

Holiday in Looe - walking advice.
« on: 11:56:05, 06/02/09 »
Hi,

This summer we've decided on a week in Looe for our holidays. We are travelling down from the Peak District and was wondering if anyone could recommend some nice scenic walks of around 4 miles for the family which includes a 6 and 8 year old.
It would be great to take in some of the Cornish countryside as well as the beaches around the area or maybe visit to Bodmin?

If anyone could recommend any "must do" walks and visits for a young family it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Rodd
« Last Edit: 11:59:15, 06/02/09 by rodd »

Rue

Re: Holiday in Looe - walking advice.
« Reply #1 on: 16:12:33, 18/02/09 »

Well I am off to stay in a cottage near Looe next week our anniversary. We will be doing a lot of walking weather permitting so I will let you know if we find any particularly nice ones

:)
Whitby [nofollow] is beautiful!

Cornwall [nofollow]

Devon [nofollow]

Hide

« Reply #2 on: 02:42:56, 19/02/09 »
Hi Rodd,
The local tourist board have a few good leaflets on areas to walk
, both on the Moor and coastal walks. If you'd like, send me your postal address and I'll pop into the office and send some up to you. That way you can have a look at likely places of interest before you even set off.

Andrew
God gave us these things, not in tranquility.

Jones family

« Reply #3 on: 22:44:43, 20/02/09 »
For a good coastal walk may I suggest walking from Looe to Polperro and getting the boat back. Polperro is a lovely fishing visit and we worth a visit. We did this last summer and our children loved it and the boat trip back makes their day. If it is particularly busy and there is no places left on the boat there is a regular bus from close to the top of the village that takes you back to Looe. This walk is about 5 miles.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy