Author Topic: Hello from Bristol!!  (Read 1227 times)

Lee R

Hello from Bristol!!
« on: 23:08:34, 28/09/19 »
Hey Everyone.

For myself (& now my other half too) this all started with photography which I've been into since film days on & off. The past few years we've spent more & more time out over the Mendips, in woodlands, etc We've done the Waterfall Walks of the Brecons, been to the Quantocks/Kilve coastline a few times....

We're both pretty confident & reasonably equipped for a few hours out & about (anything up to about 7-8 miles - usually around 4ish) but we're starting to think of buying a little stove/Jet Boil/etc & actually hiking somewhere to stop for lunch & sort of make things more into a whole day adventure if that makes sense... I really am into the photography, but the being out part is taking over!! Maybe next year, ass wild camping into the mix also.

Anyway, I'll spend some time having a browse around the place :)

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Re: Hello from Bristol!!
« Reply #1 on: 06:02:33, 29/09/19 »
Welcome aboard from Manchester  :)

There are plenty of walk reports here for inspiration to work up to full days out and multiday trips too.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 07:31:07, 29/09/19 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire. I also enjoy photography, but focus more on wildlife now than landscape. I don’t photograph people.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:57:57, 29/09/19 »
Welcome from Portsmouth. I have fond memories of Bristol in the 70s. It was at the height of the apartheid protests and the University named its bar in the Student Union the 'Nelson Mandela Bar' and then had to do a climb down, Mr Mandela was teetotal. They then changed it to 'The Long Bar.'

There were some creative students around in those days, a few students/parents converted their double horseboxes into livable accommodation and lived in those for a while.

Not coming from a horseowning family myself,  lived in a 4 berth towing caravan in the middle of a field in Thornbury, 25p a night and a pint of milk per day included. My only bad day was when it was very wet one morning so as per routine I walked across the field to my car in wellies, took them off, put them on the roof while I changed into my shoes, got in and drove away. Never saw the wellies again.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:50:41, 30/09/19 »
Welcome to the forum, Lee.

Not sure whereto put from- in the process of moving from Orkney to the doorstep of the Lake District.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Lee R

« Reply #5 on: 14:44:48, 05/10/19 »
Thanks for the welcomes everyone :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy