Author Topic: 14th May-The last weekday CV local walk ( Maybe )  (Read 1089 times)

karl h

• Veteran Member
Its back to work on Monday so this may be the final Coronavirus walk.  There probably will be a few more local walks as although I could go to the Lakes the advice from the mountain rescue and tourist bodies is to stay away until the risk from spreading the virus to isolated rural communities is lessened.  
It's a lovely morning today and I'm back walking down Edge Lane towards Entwistle reservoir.
Rather than drop all the way down to Entwistle village I take a path which leads down to the path around the reservoir. From the reservoir I'm heading to Turton Heights, the high ground in the distance.
Heron sculpture.
View to the dam.
and a view back. I joined the path around three quarters of the way along.
The pumping station on the dam.
It's a gentle climb away from the res on this lovely tree lined path.
On to the open moor looking northwards.
My route today only spends a short while on the top before descending down towards Delph reservoir.
Passing under these two nice trees.
And down by this wall.
After crossing the busy A666 ( which now seems to be carrying the same amount of traffic as before the lockdown )  I pass these bluebells in this small copse. They are a little way beyond their best but still lovely.
On the way back home now, although I don't think I've walked this particular path before.
Crossing  Holden Brook which runs through Owshaw Clough.
Back to the tree and ruined farm on Grindle End.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: 14th May-The last weekday CV local walk ( Maybe )
« Reply #1 on: 17:51:12, 14/05/20 »
Very nice Karl, looks lovely.
Much blue-er sky with you than we've had for a couple of days. Love the 2 trees.

I hope all goes well at work and you can stay safe.

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:34:56, 14/05/20 »
Very nice Karl, looks lovely.
Much blue-er sky with you than we've had for a couple of days. Love the 2 trees.

I hope all goes well at work and you can stay safe.

Thank you Ridge O0
Today is the first day this week when we have had blue skies, It was still only 2 degrees when I set off though.
I should be ok at work, we work in peoples houses and are making arrangements for them to leave a key and go out for the day

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:50:22, 14/05/20 »
Lovely pics Karl  O0

Pleased you are being able to go back to work  :) I retract my offer of lending you a few quid  ;D

Hate will never win

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:39:09, 14/05/20 »
Lovely photos karl - the reservoirs, copse and Owshaw Clough look particularly fine.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 23:09:29, 14/05/20 »
Yes, really lovely pics Karl.  A right nice mix of woodland, moorland and water  :)

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 10:41:18, 15/05/20 »
Lovely walk - enjoyed it. No need to go further afield as, I think, quite a number of people have discovered.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

karl h

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 11:01:12, 15/05/20 »
Lovely pics Karl  O0
Thanks April O0

Pleased you are being able to go back to work  :) I retract my offer of lending you a few quid  ;D

Err... that could be a problem. I have already spent the money you promised me on shiney new gear ;D

Lovely photos karl - the reservoirs, copse and Owshaw Clough look particularly fine.

Thank you Richard. O0  The Gorse did look  stunning in the susnine

Yes, really lovely pics Karl.  A right nice mix of woodland, moorland and water  :)

Thanks Mel O0  Will probably will do this route again even when I don't have to  :)

Lovely walk - enjoyed it. No need to go further afield as, I think, quite a number of people have discovered.
Thank you Jac. Glad you enjoyed it O0  I have noted quite a few spots that I'll be going back to for an adventure when I can finally get out with my little grandson  :)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 12:25:54, 16/05/20 »
Cracking pics Karl. Good luck with work.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 13:19:26, 16/05/20 »
Treemendous  O0
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy