Author Topic: Toubkal and Kilimanjaro  (Read 1726 times)

legs-o-lead

• Veteran Member
Toubkal and Kilimanjaro
« on: 21:19:15, 08/11/15 »
Me and LMOOH are thinking of attempting Kilimanjaro in the summer of 2016. We did Mount Toubkal at Easter 2014, and although I then went on to Mont Blanc in August 2014, LMOOH hasn't done anything as high or hard since. Has anyone done both Toubkal and Kili, who could possibly give us some personal feedback on how hard they found them? LMOOH thinks she won't have the stamina for Kili, as she suffered quite badly on the descent of Toubkal. I think she will be OK once on the trek, but it is not a cheap trip, and the cost and disappointment would be excrutiating if we went all that way and failed it......

Can anyone help please ?
Courage doesn't always roar like a lion. Sometimes courage is a small voice at the end of a long hard day saying "I'll try again tomorrow".

Rajboy

Re: Toubkal and Kilimanjaro
« Reply #1 on: 23:06:20, 15/11/15 »
IF you have the time, go to Mt Kenya first and acclimatise...Realise you may be limited on time, money etc.
Plenty of chance to get local guides.
I did it this way then organised my own guide for Kili'.
I remember on Kili', that I had a time limit of 5 or 6 days to get up there, which was crazy considering the altitude.
In Nepal, you take a couple of weeks to get to that altitude...slowly....
Altitude affects everyone differently; no way of knowing until you get there. The one thing that does work well tho', is, if you can take plenty of time to acclimatise, drink plenty, (even if you aren't thirsty), and don't rush.
"Pole Pole", as the locals will tell you!!! O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy