Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 573244 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2310 on: 16:13:01, 19/10/17 »
This is the very first time in my whole life that I've had to change my planned route.

I might, if I hurry, get to have a couple of hours walking in the Suisse Normandy area. Always wanted to 'do' this area.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2311 on: 17:17:07, 20/10/17 »
I'm up in the Peaks this weekend with Mrs R, so no big walks but we were hoping to get out a bit. Still the weather forecast has been wrong before.

Tomorrow shouldn't be too bad up to lunch time-ish....but then goes rapidly down hill early afternoon with prolonged heavy showers and 40mph winds.
Sunday is a little better....but not much!

I was considering postponing my walk but it didn't go down too well with members of the group....so we're just going to set off and see what happens. (Think I'll have around 16+)
I can always divert and get us back sooner if things are too bad.
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2312 on: 18:40:02, 22/10/17 »
I walked over the South Downs today from Woodingdean on the outskirts of Brighton to Lewes. Still very windy but fine and sunny and there was no mist obscuring the fabulous views    :)

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2313 on: 19:00:14, 22/10/17 »
I walked over the South Downs today from Woodingdean on the outskirts of Brighton to Lewes. Still very windy but fine and sunny and there was no mist obscuring the fabulous views    :)

That sounds like my ideal walking weather!  :) O0

jethro10

« Reply #2314 on: 19:03:20, 22/10/17 »
We did Little town, to high spy, the Tarn at the top and back along Newlands Beck. Monstrous winds, and a waterfall at times looking like it was flowing up hill due to the wind. Torrents of rain. Paths like rivers.

Forecast site 10mph wind and 10-20% chance of rain. Yeah right.
J

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2315 on: 23:39:59, 22/10/17 »
Headed into Fur Tor over Standon Hill, never walked up that one, from the River Tavey before, it's steep.  Had two fords to cross, on the way back. Sandy ford was up past my knees and I'm 6ft 4.  Powerful flow after all the rain from Storm Brian.  It was much cooler than it's been since last winter too.  Not helped by the wind still blowing 30 to 40 mph on the tops.

eddycreative

« Reply #2316 on: 17:40:25, 23/10/17 »
Ilfracombe!

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2317 on: 12:43:55, 25/10/17 »

Tomorrow shouldn't be too bad up to lunch time-ish....but then goes rapidly down hill early afternoon with prolonged heavy showers and 40mph winds.

Well, Brian didn't bother turning up after all, so we had a really great walk in pretty good weather! 8)

micmac

« Reply #2318 on: 06:00:57, 26/10/17 »
I'm not going to get chance to go for a walk this weekend, busy both days  :( . Last Saturday my daughter, her friend and I started to walk along the Trent valley way. Did about 11 miles of it in the strong wind but luckily the rain held off.

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2319 on: 08:00:05, 26/10/17 »
Off to Keswick for two nights on Sunday. Walks will be determined by the weather, it looks promising.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2320 on: 09:55:48, 26/10/17 »
Saturday - Tegs Nose, White Nancy, the Saddle of Kerridge, then a section of canal between Bollington & Macclesfield.
Funnily enough, I only did the canal bit on Monday.  I didn't know then that it would be part of the route on this weekends group walk! :D

stuartpb

« Reply #2321 on: 08:24:31, 27/10/17 »
I'm off to spend a night wild camping near Bamford Edge in the Peak District tomorrow with my eldest daughter. We're taking our cameras, so the pace will be steady and relaxed for us both. The weather isn't looking great for tomorrow though, rain, fog and mist in no particular order. Might get some moody shots but I think that'll be it. Sunday is supposed to be loads better though, so we'll have a good walk around Ladybower and we'll walk Win Hill on the way back too, before setting off for the train home.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2322 on: 08:39:22, 27/10/17 »
The weather isn't looking great but the forecasters hardly ever get it right anyway even on the day  :D So whenever you decide to go anywhere it is always a gamble and makes no difference if your plan is made a few months in advance or if the decision is made the day before or even a couple of hours before you go. For instance on Wednesday I saw a forecast at 7am and the forecast was for dry and bright weather. What did I get - heavy showers  ;D
We are hoping to wild camp in the Lakes somewhere out of the wind and we hope we don't get too wet  :)
Hate will never win

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2323 on: 12:47:05, 27/10/17 »

We are hoping to wild camp in the Lakes somewhere out of the wind   :)

Is that actually possible with Beefy?   :D

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2324 on: 12:50:34, 27/10/17 »
Is that actually possible with Beefy?   :D

;D No not really, I am a silly billy  :)

Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy