Author Topic: Slow Maps  (Read 6908 times)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Re: Slow Maps
« Reply #60 on: 14:34:18, 13/01/21 »
Thanks for posting that Roburite - I missed the webinar I was booked on yesterday so will catch up via youtube  O0

MarkT

« Reply #61 on: 21:19:18, 13/01/21 »
If people do watch the youtube video, be aware you need to start at 3min 40seconds in. The first few minutes is just a background of "Slow Ways". I guess the person who recorded this, started well before the stream started.

I too missed the live version so be good to see whats what, even though things have been delayed  :(

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #62 on: 10:04:34, 03/04/21 »
Here's the last email I've had from Slow Ways. Received 2/4/21
(Apologies for posting in full - can't find a way to just provide a link)

Hello,
Firstly, thank you. Thank you for your continued interest in Slow Ways. There’s been a lot going on. There’s been a few delays. Yet we know there are thousands of you waiting and willing to get out, to find out what Slow Ways walking routes look and feel like – on screen and under foot.
As the world around us opens up, we hope you are in good health and spirits and are looking forward to opportunities for new adventures in the coming months.
You’ll no doubt be closely watching what restrictions are lifting where. We have been considering protection levels, what is permitted across devolved administrations as changes are made, and how they apply both to individuals and groups.  
This has allowed us to plan a Slow Ways ‘soft launch’ week between Friday 23rd April and Monday May 3rd. The new website will be available to browse Slow Ways maps and routes, and use a Journey Planner to design longer walking and wheeling adventures. We’ll be using the week to make improvements to the website as it is put through its paces, too.  
There are currently over 7,000 Slow Ways walking routes, a unique network drafted online by volunteers during the Spring 2020 lockdown.  
Checking 100,000km of Slow Ways routes - walking, reviewing and verifying them all - is the next challenge. It’s a big ambition for 2021.  
On April 23rd, once the new Slow Ways website is live, you can help by simply choosing, walking and reviewing a route.  
Slow Ways is a large-scale, long-term, slow-burn initiative. It’s not a race, but let’s see how many routes can be walked and reviewed during that week?  
During April we’ll host a series of webinars including an Introduction to Slow Ways, How to use the website, How to survey Slow Ways and Slow Ways for Groups. These will be viewable on YouTube (with a small number joining them on Zoom), sign up details are below. [/size]Slow Ways Webinars in AprilSlow Ways for Groups Webinar - Tuesday April 13th at 7pm[/size]Slow Ways background
  • A website walk-through
  • How groups can get involved
  • [/color]  Introduction to Slow Ways - Tuesday April 27th at 7pm[/font][/size]Slow Ways background
  • A website walk-through
  • How you can get involved
  • [/color]  How to use the Slow Ways website - Wednesday April 28th at 7pm[/font][/size]A website walk-through
  • How you can get involved
  • [/color]  How to survey Slow Ways walking routes - Thursday April 29th at 7pm[/font][/size]How to record and submit a Slow Ways survey
  • [/color]    
    Finally, do connect with us on Twitter and Instagram so we can keep you updated with Slow Ways news, maps, photos and stories. If you have friends, family or colleagues who enjoy walking we’d love for them to sign-up too. Please do invite them!  
    We’re really excited by the potential of Slow Ways to inspire and support more people to walk more often, further and for more purposes. We can’t wait to get going on that work you.  
  • So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

sussamb

• Veteran Member
    « Reply #63 on: 15:45:25, 03/04/21 »
    Yep, had it too. Signed in for a couple of the seminars  O0
    Where there's a will ...

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
    « Reply #64 on: 16:43:18, 23/04/21 »
    Now live;

https://beta.slowways.org/

Funnily enough one of the routes links the two towns I was trying to link in my thread "I fought the law...".  I haven't looked too closely but I note that the suggested route involves a fair bit of road walking, which makes me feel a little more justified.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy