Author Topic: The Coast to Coast  (Read 5047 times)

Mr Sam

Re: The Coast to Coast
« Reply #15 on: 17:17:37, 22/05/08 »
Well clearly she doesn't want to go to St Bees as she is going to spend quite a lot of time and energy getting as far away from it as possible (going east).
Thats the best plan like.
"I've run out of map... Hold on"

Gizerd

« Reply #16 on: 19:04:18, 22/05/08 »
I'm doing the Coast to Coast Mr. Sam :) Just starting in St. Bees.

Lizzie

Gizerd

« Reply #17 on: 19:40:10, 22/05/08 »
Holy crap, the train from London to St. Bees is expensive, especially since it will cost me twice in dollars. I think I'm going to be forced to start east to west and take the train to Robin Hood's Bay...Go with the flow 8)

Actually works out a little better price wise anyways, I suppose, since I'll be going to Dublin after the Coast to Coast. Thanks for the links to the train!

Lizzie

Mr Sam

« Reply #18 on: 21:08:52, 22/05/08 »
I'm doing the Coast to Coast Mr. Sam :) Just starting in St. Bees.

Lizzie

When are you starting, I might be able to go see you off?

Gizerd

« Reply #19 on: 00:14:23, 23/05/08 »
Mr. Sam,

Perhaps you can finish the trail off with me :) Price has pretty much dictated that I have to go the reverse direction and start in Robin Hood's Bay instead. I'll be starting June 20th and ending ending in St. Bees somewhere around the 6th of July. Anyone starting the trail or doing bits of it at that time?

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 14:07:17, 23/05/08 »
Holy crap, the train from London to St. Bees is expensive,

Which ever way you go check all trains on the day you wish to travel and first as well as standard tickets. With luck you will suddenly find a £20 ticket amongst the £90 ones.

eg. 19th June London - St Bees 10.29am train £82.50, 10.46am train £18.50
« Last Edit: 15:24:40, 23/05/08 by Ridge »

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 16:59:16, 23/05/08 »
  If you are going to Dublin after the c to c it would make sense to start in RHB.Getting a train from RHB to St Bees would be quite expensive as it involves using three different companies.When going to RHB it might be an idea to get a ticket from London  to York and a seperate ticket from York to Scarborough,might work out cheaper if you can't get a special deal.Buses run from Scarborough to RHB,usually every hour.

Mr Sam

« Reply #22 on: 17:01:26, 23/05/08 »
Mr. Sam,

Perhaps you can finish the trail off with me :) Price has pretty much dictated that I have to go the reverse direction and start in Robin Hood's Bay instead. I'll be starting June 20th and ending ending in St. Bees somewhere around the 6th of July. Anyone starting the trail or doing bits of it at that time?

If you finish on the friday I'll be at school, dam exams. What time do you reckon you are going to finish?

Gizerd

« Reply #23 on: 19:07:04, 23/05/08 »
I've booked the train on Friday night to Robin Hood's Bay, June 20th...so I'll be starting the trail on Saturday morning the 21st. I expect to be in St. Bees somewhere around the 6th of July.

One more question, how the heck do I get a ferry on foot to Dublin? I keep checking ferries from Liverpool but they are all vehicle ferries only and won't allow me to look at fares for foot passengers!

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 20:11:38, 23/05/08 »

One more question, how the heck do I get a ferry on foot to Dublin?

.....by purchasing a pair of Jesus boots. ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy