Author Topic: TR - Cadair Idris via Minffordd Path  (Read 1990 times)

clyoung

• Veteran Member
TR - Cadair Idris via Minffordd Path
« on: 18:48:14, 29/07/18 »
On Thursday evening, just before the heatwave ended in Wales, my eldest and I climbed Cadair Idris via the Minffordd Path. It was all done at rather a fast pace for me, because we had less than 5 hours to do it before the last T2 bus of the night. I still found time to take lots of photos - as I keep having trouble with photo heavy posts on here, I hope you'll excuse me just posting a link to my blog:

https://claire-walking-blog.blogspot.com/2018/07/july-2018-cadair-idris-via-minffordd.html

The scenery was truly stunning and I am very glad my eldest persuaded me to do it that evening, despite the lack of time, because next day in Bala we got soaked and the peaks were disappearing behind the clouds. If you've seen my post about sore calf muscles on the General Discussion board you'll know I'm suffering for it though!

redeye

• Veteran Member
Re: TR - Cadair Idris via Minffordd Path
« Reply #1 on: 09:27:10, 30/07/18 »
Enjoyed that. A great place around there. I could do with a revisit. Nice one  O0

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:41:54, 30/07/18 »
I enjoyed that  O0 I know what it is like having to rush to catch the bus  :)
Hate will never win

Petrolhead

« Reply #3 on: 19:00:01, 31/07/18 »
Steps, steps, steps, steps, omg STEPS!!!

The first part is relentless!

We went up there in VERY hot weather and didn't make it much further than Llyn Cau. We were done in. But what a beautiful lake!

Great write up and great photos.

Sorry about your ankle. Also thank you for introducing me to ViewRanger. That's new to me and it looks fantastic!

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 08:30:00, 01/08/18 »
Thanks everyone.

Petrolhead - according to my Viewranger track we got to the top of the steps in about 20 minutes  :o  - it's no wonder my legs are still suffering.

Petrolhead

« Reply #5 on: 12:11:30, 01/08/18 »
Thanks everyone.

Petrolhead - according to my Viewranger track we got to the top of the steps in about 20 minutes  :o  - it's no wonder my legs are still suffering.

20 minutes!!!??? Did you use a jetpack?

:D

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 12:21:34, 01/08/18 »

20 minutes!!!??? Did you use a jetpack?

:D

I wish  :D

Actually, it was about 18 minutes from the start until we came out of the woods, but the steps go a bit beyond that don't they? We got up to the bridge 27 minutes after we started.

Petrolhead

« Reply #7 on: 16:48:05, 01/08/18 »

I wish  :D

Actually, it was about 18 minutes from the start until we came out of the woods, but the steps go a bit beyond that don't they? We got up to the bridge 27 minutes after we started.

To be fair to us, when we did it it was in 30° heat and only the second relatively strenuous walk we'd done. Plus, once the steps end the rocks on the path feel very much like steps too.

What a glorious walk though. One of my favourites we've done so far. I want to make it up to the top one day.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy