Author Topic: Cotswold Way or Heart of England Way  (Read 1421 times)

cornwallcoastpathdweller

Cotswold Way or Heart of England Way
« on: 16:57:12, 16/07/20 »
At the end of August im looking to start one of the above ldp's, in probably two chunks wild camping.
Both of these look good to me as i have family living in Chipping Campden and Evesham, so have a local base to both to start from for either ldp.  Also have the advantage of having to drive up the M5 to get there, so ease of access to either.
Keep umming and rrrring about which one to do and just cant decide.
If Anybody has any ideas or suggestions as to which one i should go for id appreciate your thoughts?
one step then another then another then a bench - please?

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Cotswold Way or Heart of England Way
« Reply #1 on: 18:06:06, 16/07/20 »
I've only hiked the Cotswold Way. took me 6 days and I enjoyed it very much. Obviously this was before Covid-19 and everything was open. The landscape is very attractive and undulating and I found it easy to camp, both on sites and to wild camp. I hiked from Chipping to Bath. A day out from Bath the village pub let me camp on their lawn for free. I don't know if it's still available but there used to be an app just about the Cotswold Way, I used it and at the time it was very useful. The route was well signposted.

cornwallcoastpathdweller

« Reply #2 on: 16:41:29, 17/07/20 »
Thanks for sharing your experiences GWM, its good to know the paths easy enough to follow and that camping isnt to much of an issue.  I like the Cotswold a lot but not done much walking there other than round the usual honeypots like Bourton and Broadway, despite having the family very closeby.
one step then another then another then a bench - please?

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:56:19, 19/07/20 »
Same here, have only walked the Cotswold way and can recommend it, though we B&B’d. It wasn’t as busy as we had expected, and we met very few people doing the whole walk, it was mostly local dog walkers! It turned out that as we had started in the week the schools went back (end of Aug), lots of people were starting the following week ( this according to the baggage transfer co. we used as they said they were going to be very busy the following week). So you may be lucky too!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy