Author Topic: Dartmoor - 18th and 19th June  (Read 3924 times)

oldboldgeezer

• Veteran Member
Dartmoor - 18th and 19th June
« on: 13:06:28, 11/06/11 »
Hi all - am a newbie to this site so can't get access to the 'meet up' area.  I will be based in Plymouth over the weekend of 18th & 19th June - was due to be climbing in Cornwall but plans had to change a bit!!

Does anyone want to do something on Dartmoor over the weekend .. .. happy to day-walk, wild camp or stay somewhere like 'The Plume'.  Can find my way around ok and am happy to lead someone less exerienced or learn from someone more experienced

Look forward to hearing back

Cheers

Chris
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."

letmeoutofhere

• Veteran Member
Re: Dartmoor - 18th and 19th June
« Reply #1 on: 13:18:52, 11/06/11 »
Hi and welcome to the forum  :)  As it happens we're having a meet on Dartmoor that weekend, starting at Betty Cottles just outside Okehampton on the Saturady morning. Some of us are camping there on the Friday and Saturday night. It's an easyish tramp with kids and dogs and possibly sausages on the Saturday, plans for Sunday are 'fluid', i.e I don't think there is one yet!
Also, if you head over to the 'welcome' section and post there, you'll get lots of very friendly people saying hello  O0 

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:32:37, 11/06/11 »
Lets just hope Chris or anyone else reading this isn't an axe murderer, now you have put all the details out there, and who you calling atramp, LMOOH? :D

Welcome to the forum Chris - we're doing 7 or 8 miles up Yes tor and High willhayes. I think there is a chance to extend it for any that want to take in a couple more tors on the day.

Welcome to the forum O0

Alewife

...beware of the bull!

letmeoutofhere

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:33:28, 11/06/11 »
errr... didn't think of the axe murderer thing... :-[

oldboldgeezer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 13:33:53, 11/06/11 »
Hi Letmeoutofhere (that takes a bit of typing without any spaces!!)

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the heads up .. .. do you have a grid reference for Betty Cottles by any chance?

May just see you there :)

C

oldboldgeezer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 13:37:08, 11/06/11 »
Alewife .. .. you've rumbled me!!!  How DID you know about my axe-murdering past???

Sounds like a fun day out - haven't been on Yes Tor since March - any idea how big the group will be?

Cheers

C

ps - just joking about my past!!! :)

oldboldgeezer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:39:40, 11/06/11 »
Just thinking about the axe murderer thing again .. .. I can understand that you may not want to post a Grid Reference on here .. .. is there a way of private messaging through the forum .. .. if not then perhaps someone would be kind enough to drop me an e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks and regards

Chris

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 13:42:03, 11/06/11 »
Alewife .. .. you've rumbled me!!!  How DID you know about my axe-murdering past???

Sounds like a fun day out - haven't been on Yes Tor since March - any idea how big the group will be?

Cheers

C

ps - just joking about my past!!! :)

I was joking too. The group will be about 13 adults if you include piston pete, 6 children various ages, 3 dogs. Not sure if everyone is doing the walk though, some of the youngsters and a couple of the adults may do something else.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 13:46:27, 11/06/11 »
Just thinking about the axe murderer thing again .. .. I can understand that you may not want to post a Grid Reference on here .. .. is there a way of private messaging through the forum .. .. if not then perhaps someone would be kind enough to drop me an e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks and regards

Chris

you have mail! (well, a pm anyway)
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

oldboldgeezer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 13:56:30, 11/06/11 »
Thanks for the PM Alewife .. .. much appreciated :)

C

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 13:57:58, 11/06/11 »
Thanks for the PM Alewife .. .. much appreciated :)

C

Off to sharpen up your axe now then, eh? ;D
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

oldboldgeezer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 14:00:44, 11/06/11 »
No need to sharpen it .. .. I'm an opportunist .. .. so I always keep it sharp .. .. you never know when the opportunity's going to present itself!!

Ha ha  ;D

C

oldboldgeezer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 15:15:19, 11/06/11 »
Hi Alewife .. .. what's LMOOH in your post .. .. perhaps I really am getting old!!!!

;)

alewife

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 16:38:47, 11/06/11 »
Hi Alewife .. .. what's LMOOH in your post .. .. perhaps I really am getting old!!!!

;)

Sorry, I have a dreadful habit of abbreviating everyone, LMOOH is letmeoutofhere. I see lovinit has done it on another post so you'll always be OBG now. Just be grateful you didn't call yourself tallwalkerandtalker.
Alewife

...beware of the bull!

lovinit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 16:41:52, 11/06/11 »

Sorry, I have a dreadful habit of abbreviating everyone, LMOOH is letmeoutofhere. I see lovinit has done it on another post so you'll always be OBG now. Just be grateful you didn't call yourself tallwalkerandtalker.

Excellent, that would have been dreadful for poor old OBG. I wouldnt have been able to resist abbreviating that  ;D . Maybe we'd have put him off and the prospect of meeting us on Dartmoor would have been out of the question then  :o
No one can go back in time & make a brand new beginning, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy