Author Topic: Oboz boots  (Read 1194 times)

Ralph

Oboz boots
« on: 07:21:50, 28/01/19 »
Magic Mountain in Beeston, Nottingham are selling Oboz Sawtooth boots for £65, usually around £110. I have had a pair of both their boots & shoes for around 9 months with no complaints. Well worth a look.

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
Re: Oboz boots
« Reply #1 on: 11:36:42, 29/01/19 »
I ordered a pair yesterday after reading your post. I have looked at all the available reviews which are very very good with just a few unhappy buyers. I will post some feedback when I have given them a decent test.
It's all uphill from here.

Ralph

« Reply #2 on: 11:49:05, 29/01/19 »
I'm sure you will be OK with them. The waterproof membrane also works well unlike some I have tried in the past.

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 11:55:11, 29/01/19 »
There seems to be very few suppliers in the UK. Even Mountain Magic are selling them as clearance. Other suppliers like Millets have just a few odd sizes to sell.

Ralph

« Reply #4 on: 12:28:33, 29/01/19 »
I bought both pairs from Ultimate Outdoors, they no longer stock them now. I think they didn't sell because they were not a well known brand. For the last few years I have worn Meindl's, I find the Oboz's just as comfortable.but I know we aren't all the same.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 13:32:57, 29/01/19 »
This might be worth a read and may explain the lack of retail outlets in the UK https://www.adventure-journal.com/2018/03/new-zealand-based-kathmandu-just-bought-oboz-footwear/

I suppose a lot depends in which direction Kathmandu now takes the Oboz brand.

I have both the Sawtooth Low B-Dry shoes and the Sawtooth Mid B-Dry boots and find both very comfortable and excellent value for money if you can buy them at the right price.

If they suit your feet and you would consider buying them again I would suggest grabbing the bargains as and when you find them as who knows when or if there will be any more available.

« Last Edit: 15:05:02, 29/01/19 by kinkyboots »

Ralph

« Reply #6 on: 15:01:41, 29/01/19 »
Pleased for someone else to post positive reviews. I may have to go and get more while stocks last.

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:19:04, 29/01/19 »
Mountain Magic said in an email that they are the distributors for Oboz and will continue to get clearance stock.

nesty

« Reply #8 on: 16:39:07, 02/02/19 »
I ordered a pair of Oboz Low Sawtooth from Blacks online yesterday for £50 (free delivery), thought a decent price for that, they have a few sizes sizes left.

Ralph

« Reply #9 on: 17:03:27, 02/02/19 »
Ultimate Outdoors & Blacks are just running down the stock, remember when they're all gone that Magic Mountain will still be stocking them. I was told last week in UO that they will no longer be available now stock has gone, so Blacks will be the same.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy