Author Topic: TR 3 nighter from Gatesgarth Fri 6 Sep to Mon 9 Sep 19  (Read 1749 times)

snoopdawg

Re: TR 3 nighter from Gatesgarth Fri 6 Sep to Mon 9 Sep 19
« Reply #15 on: 19:34:44, 11/09/19 »
Nice one April, good trip. I've camped at the top of Ennerdale in the trees just down from the footbridge.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 07:16:19, 12/09/19 »
Off walking soon April, so haven’t time to read all your report....but the photos are fab! O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 11:10:18, 12/09/19 »
Love the golden hour pics  :)
As an aside, you ever tried the purifying water with tablets trick? Or is that just for urine?  :-\  Somebody at school/sixth form years ago said he had tried it but tastes disgusting! ;D
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 12:16:28, 12/09/19 »
Love the golden hour pics  :)
As an aside, you ever tried the purifying water with tablets trick? Or is that just for urine?  :-\  Somebody at school/sixth form years ago said he had tried it but tastes disgusting! ;D

It tastes like mild pool water, generally - but for day hikes when I carry minimal gear I quite like a small pack of water purification tablets instead of the faff of a filter, usually with a very fine microfiber cloth if I need to filter water with things in it.    Overall it's a minimal weigh saving, especially with the flow rate of the Sawyer Squeeze/similar being so good.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 12:29:55, 12/09/19 »
I agree that ascents are often preferable to descents!

Thanks Dovegirl  :)

I have tried to plan this weekend with minimal descending. Impossible on the Lakeland Fells  ;D

Must admit I was reading your route and did a double take when you mentioned cutting Steeple and Scoat Fell and instead heading for Red Pike, I assumed you were heading via High Beck and on to the Red Pike at Buttermere - so was surprised when you turned up at Dore Head!  :D

Thanks forgotmyoldpassword, it is nice to get out for more than one night. I should have mentioned it was the Wasdale Red Pike  ;D

I've camped at the top of Ennerdale in the trees just down from the footbridge.

It is a nice place, we've camped there 4 times now, in 4 different places.

Thanks sunnydale  O0

you ever tried the purifying water with tablets trick? Or is that just for urine?  :-\  Somebody at school/sixth form years ago said he had tried it but tastes disgusting! ;D

I have never tried the tablets or urine  :D

Hate will never win

MarkT

« Reply #20 on: 20:53:16, 12/09/19 »
Lovely pics, I guess I was unlucky with my trip to the lakes, but the mountains will always be there next time I return. Let's hope the wind and rain won't be  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy