Author Topic: Best books to buy  (Read 3540 times)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
Best books to buy
« on: 17:31:28, 27/11/06 »
My partner brought this book for £5:00 50 walks in Derbyshire its a great little its got maps of the walks and the distance and difficulty level its a really good book well he got it for £5:00 but you should be able to buy it for £7:99
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Deerplay

Re: Best books to buy
« Reply #1 on: 18:50:16, 27/11/06 »
I'll look out for that, sounds good value. I have used the "Pub Walks" books in the past. It's nice to do a walk with a pub with some character at the end. The ones I used are Pub Walks in Lancashire and Pub Walks in The Pennines. Some of the Pubs we have returned to to stay for a night or two (eg Hark to Bounty in Slaidburn, The Stork in Conder Green). The walks tend to be long enough but not too demanding often crossing fields and stuff rather than up and down hills/mountains. They also include a lot of info about the area.
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 19:11:13, 27/11/06 »
One good thing about this book is that your right it good value for money but also include a lot of info about the area. But it not a pub book. But includes pub and cafe snack van it also tell you what to look out for which is good. you can get it  on  amazon.co.uk there is another book called 50 Walks in the Peak District which i have just ordered prices are £6:59 for 50 Walks in the Peak District and £6:39 for the one on 50 Walks in Derbyshire great value  ;D also tell a lie my partner got the 50 walks in Derbyshire for £3:00 from a book club outstanding value we all need to join a book club but apart from that you can get on it on amazon
« Last Edit: 19:16:34, 27/11/06 by walkinggirluk »
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 11:06:41, 18/12/06 »
I also found this little book in whsmiths called the peak district by jarrold its a  short walk book could be good to do n winter as it gets dark earlier

well just reading the contents which contains short walks 2. slightly longer or more difficult walks 3. more demanding walks covering greater distances and it only cost £3:99.

50 Walks in the Peak District did borther getting this book deerplay as it the same book as 50 walks in Derbyshire both of which still as pubs at the end of your walk if your into to going to the pub

clean it bin it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy