Author Topic: Scottish Borders  (Read 2348 times)

FenPosh

Scottish Borders
« on: 17:03:15, 16/03/20 »
Hi, I live in Alnwick and have a free day tomorrow, can anyone suggest a walk in the Borders tomorrow. I did a walk from the Watch water up Dunside hill the other week, which I thoroughly enjoyed. A nice hilly walk would be nice again.
Thank you

snoopdawg

Re: Scottish Borders
« Reply #1 on: 20:06:00, 17/03/20 »
Not checked the weather but you could either ,drive up to Rothbury and park up and go onto Simonside and Great Tosson Hill or Drive up to Barrowburn in the upper Coquetdale valley, park up and take the path up to the border ridge and 2 hours should see you on Windy Gyle. Low Level options could be driving to Craster and walk the coastal path to Dunstanburgh castle and newton if you fancy

snoopdawg

« Reply #2 on: 20:06:41, 17/03/20 »
Just noticed the date you posted!!, hope you had a good day

FenPosh

« Reply #3 on: 21:39:35, 17/03/20 »
Just noticed the date you posted!!, hope you had a good day

I did leave my post a bit late! Due to the weather coming in from the west, I had several hours exploring Holy Island, which was surprising busy the car park was at least half full and lots of people around of all ages. However when the rain came in and they all left I could not believe how peaceful it was. The rain actually added to the tranquillity. A really enjoyable day.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 23:32:20, 17/03/20 »
Fen posh there is a great walk from Alnwick via Denwick, Ratcheugh and skirting RAF Boulmer to Boulmer Village called the Dukes Drive. The again the walk up Rotten Row to Hulne Abbey is a lovely smaller walk steeped in history.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy