Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 821 times)

northwest1965

« on: 21:10:58, 20/04/09 »
Just a hi to everyone. I'm new here and fairly new to walking.
Have done a few small ones but yesterday had the best one so far. It was in the Peaks, starting at (Crowden) Torside reservoir and taking us up to Tintwhistle Knarr,Millstone Rocks and Lads Leap.
I'm sure those that have done it will probably think its a bit tame but with a climb of 350m I felt great. Looking forward to doing many more. I live close to Manchester so within 30mins I can be out in the Peak District and 90mins to the Lakes.

radder

• Veteran Member
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: 21:27:03, 20/04/09 »
Hi welcome northwest.
The moors round Lads Leap are excellent walking area. And most of the time you will have them to yourself. Normally from Crowden to many people head for Black Hill and Bleaklow Via Torside Clough.
Best walking in the North West Peaks is the area round Dovestone Reservoir. They even call it the miniature Lake District.

and the people of Oldham have this on their doorstep. Again excellent area and one of the gems of the Peak District.

Mark

grahama

« Reply #2 on: 21:27:48, 20/04/09 »
Hi,

Lots on here in th NW.  Just join in on the routes planned that you like the sound of.  Some easy, some hard but all enjoyable.

Graham
Record of my walks with my lad, and other walks ongoing!!

www.dinneratthetop.blogspot.com

Yomper

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: 00:22:00, 21/04/09 »
Hello & Welcome to a fellow Mancunian  ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy