Author Topic: Walking gear prices  (Read 3713 times)

jean-claude

Walking gear prices
« on: 12:08:57, 10/10/06 »
Hi everyone,

I owe a website that sells walking clothing, footwear, rucksacks, etc...My question is the following: do you compare prices before buying any products over the Internet? Will you always go for the cheapest price? If not why and what elements are important to you?
 ;D
Thanks

Jean-Claude

titaniumdude

Re: Walking gear prices
« Reply #1 on: 19:21:48, 10/10/06 »
Firstly, are you just spam?
Secondly, of course I compare prices and aim for the cheapest, but I decide the gear I want and then try and find the cheapest price for that gear.  As far as clothing goes it is sometimes better to try it in the shop.  It is very useful on occassion to get the advice of the staff in the shop.  If they're good they may be able to put you onto something better.  It's always nice to go into a gear shop and say I want something that does this and that and performs to this level and for them to come up with a list of possibilities.  This is something that is nearly always lacking from online stores.  It would be nice to pick a categorie and then be able to set some perameters and then decide.  Hope that helps.
Thirdly, if you're gonna post here why not post the link and let us decide.

peace!
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

Deerplay

Re: Walking gear prices
« Reply #2 on: 23:53:57, 12/10/06 »
It looks a bit like spam to me too. However I like to find what I want then go looking at prices. I have had expensive equipment in the past but find now that there is little difference in performance between low price gear and the expensive stuff. For that reason I tend to go for stuff from Decathlon which seems to suit me, I can try it on there and it is cheap (£10 walking boots for example). As I am into other sports too (cycling, swimming and skiing) I can get it all in one place. Hope this doesn't sound like an advert, it isn't. What I am really against is people getting fleeced for a pair of £100 walking boots when they are only going to pootle round a reservoir! They could do that kind of walk in trainers. Hunter Davies in his Good Guide to the Lakes made the point that "Walking is easy, it is just putting one foot in front of the other". He went on to point out that shepherds wear wellies in winter and shoes in summer. In the interests of researching this point I completed an 18 mile walk in a pair of £5 wellies last year. No blisters, no foot problems.
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy