Author Topic: New walkers  (Read 1621 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: New walkers
« Reply #15 on: 12:58:15, 22/04/20 »
This spooky.  First we both have offspring in NZ.  Now Gosport!
I bought my first house in Gosport when I was still in the RN and Mrs N was teaching there (Bay House).  Gosport definitely had a rough end in those days. Many years later, my final tour (now RAF) was also in quarters in Gosport but in the posh end (aka Alverstoke) but yes, we kept everything locked.  Now in genteel Devon, I can leave my garage open all day and not worry about it.
I thought the China Fleet Club was in Hong Kong!  It was when I was on the HK guardship.

Chris Patton Flogged it, before they gave Hong Kong Back.  Then used the money to build a very nice country club for us ex service folk down here in Saltash.  They may even let serving members  use it, but they should all be working.  ;D

I stopped my membership years ago, but MsG and Daughter still use it.

billy5WM

« Reply #16 on: 11:13:14, 30/04/20 »
I think a lot of folk who we're seeing out walking would have driven to some attraction or activity before lockdown. Now they can't do that, their thinking "what can we do now, I know we'll go for a walk". This seems to be the case especially for people with young kids to entertain. Not saying this is a bad thing, they're just trying to make the most of a bad time.

I also think that government should think this through, and make some kinda offers for people how to resolve such annoying problems.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 11:57:57, 30/04/20 »

I also think that government should think this through, and make some kinda offers for people how to resolve such annoying problems.
  They would need quite a few horses heads.
Solvitur Ambulando

Toxicbunny

« Reply #18 on: 12:52:46, 30/04/20 »
Since lockdown I now have noticed a decrease in "new" walkers at least in my area. We were inundated initially now i dont see many outsiders at all just locals. Whether the police are keeping an eye out on rural areas which I doubt as I've never seen one in my area since lockdown. I think most new walkers have given up like new year or are travelling further afield.
I think you have to enjoy walking rather than doing it out of boredom.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy