Author Topic: The joy of trees - something to add interest to a lockdown walk  (Read 918 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
I've no experience of these things, but basically it's about anonymity: the idea is you buy a very cheap, basic phone in a small store for cash and top it up if required using cash via a voucher. In thriller films the protagonist often buys one in a blister pack, makes a couple of calls and throws it in a rubbish bin.
Almost certainly a basic feature phone though, Android smartphones are not that cheap!.

A few weeks ago I had a sub-£100 refurbished Android phone in mind from our local CEX, but they closed for the lockdown.
Sounds like every mobile phone I have owned.  Current S5 mini, is the most expensive I have bought. Had it just over 18 months now cost £39 from flea bay.  It's pay as you go and have topped up £30 over that period, still has plenty on it.   O0

Why would you pay more.  ;)

fernman

• Veteran Member
Enough of this stuff about phones, are you all wannabe drug dealers?

The large oak photographed in my recent TR was easy enough to identify when I had a close look, it is an English oak, or pedunculate oak, Quercus robur because the leaves are without stalks and they have little ears or auricles at their bases.
The other native species, sessile oak, Quercus petraeae has stalked leaves.

@Barewirewalker, many old woods around London, particularly to the north, are principally hornbeam, which used to be cut for firewood.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy