Author Topic: English Coast Path  (Read 1175 times)

LOSEHILL NICK

English Coast Path
« on: 16:11:37, 26/04/19 »
Does anyone have plans for this monster???? Ive set my mind on completing all the national trails but this is going to put a BIG spanner in the works!

Warbler

Re: English Coast Path
« Reply #1 on: 18:56:00, 26/04/19 »

In one hit? Not a chance. In sections? Possibly, now I have more time on my hands.

It's nowhere near complete yet though. Lots of gaps still to be filled in. It'll soon be finished though, 2020 they say.  ;D 

Of the total 2800 miles, I reckon I've covered about 800, having done SWCP and Cleveland Way plus lots of other random bits.

Stube

« Reply #2 on: 19:51:30, 26/04/19 »
I've no confidence in the 2020 date - its just political spin!

On the coast where I live, the Solent Way has been the defacto  coastal path for decades - I seen no evidence of it being re-waymarked as the ECP.

The Pennine Bridleway was supposed to extend to Bryness - if not Kirk Yetholm - by 2010. There's been no progress past Kirkby Stephen for over a decade. :(

I can't see me doing the whole of the ECP, but I may complete the South Coast.
« Last Edit: 19:57:54, 26/04/19 by Stube »

Warbler

« Reply #3 on: 21:15:53, 26/04/19 »

There is absolutely no chance of a 2020 completion.

I do love coastal walking, and, like you I live right on the Solent Way, and obviously touched on pieces of it, but walking the route as a whole doesn't really appeal to me. Too close to home I suppose.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:48:46, 26/04/19 »
I've walked much of the Sussex coast, some of the SWCP and some of the coastal stretch of the Cleveland Way. I love coastal walking and very much hope to do more but I prefer to choose the sections that appeal to me most rather than aiming to complete the entire ECP.

LOSEHILL NICK

« Reply #5 on: 10:55:30, 27/04/19 »
Ive done some already including the Cleveland way, most of Cumbria and a few other sections but what a challenge to do it all. 2021 is my target date so I hope it will be complete by then.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 17:18:15, 28/04/19 »
I too live on the coast and have no inclination to hike a coastal path at all, but I do hope that it does get completed some day. Not in my lifetime I expect.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy