Author Topic: Linking up a few long distance paths  (Read 5014 times)

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Linking up a few long distance paths
« Reply #30 on: 09:01:39, 02/09/19 »
The options and variations are mind boggling -  how incredibly lucky we are to have so many miles of beautiful walking available to us.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Beth FF

« Reply #31 on: 08:03:56, 03/09/19 »

Don't overlook England's canal network, Beth - towpaths make very pleasant walking.
Oh yes! :D  I used to live almost on a canal in the West Mids and loved the walks around there. The Canal and River Trust website shows them all on a single map too    8)
https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/canal-and-river-network

I like your linked canal route, Stube, thanks  :)

The options and variations are mind boggling -  how incredibly lucky we are to have so many miles of beautiful walking available to us.
We are indeed  :) 8)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 09:21:16, 03/09/19 »
I recall a good towpath walk from Birmingham, down the Grand Union Canal, then west on the North Stratford Canal, finally returning on the Worcester and Birmingham Canal, a fine 36 mile loop.

..and you can walk through the Netherton Tunnel!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Beth FF

« Reply #33 on: 15:14:28, 06/09/19 »
I recall a good towpath walk from Birmingham, down the Grand Union Canal, then west on the North Stratford Canal, finally returning on the Worcester and Birmingham Canal, a fine 36 mile loop.

..and you can walk through the Netherton Tunnel!

Thanks Richard, that sounds like an interesting option  8)  I used to live close to the canal in Stourbridge and have had a few lovely canal walks in that region. It would be nice to go back  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy