Author Topic: Camping and Walking  (Read 3751 times)

Diso_Stu

Camping and Walking
« on: 14:34:41, 15/03/07 »
Hi all, im hoping to walk the three peaks this summer and was just wandering if anyone knew of any good campsites around the area. I have never been able to go on a proper walking trip to this area and it would be a real bonus for me to camp instead stopping in a B&B etc. Many thanks, Stuart.

titaniumdude

Re: Camping and Walking
« Reply #1 on: 19:48:59, 15/03/07 »
The only campsite I've used around here is predictably in Horton in Ribbersdale.  It,s only about a minutes walk from the pub (or 5 minutes from the one with the better food) and has basic, but adequate facilities.  The farmer who owns the site has three very barky dogs that may be at it at all times of the night and he probably thinks he's doing campers a favour by leaving patches of long luscious grass to pitch on when in reality this just causes a bucket of condensation.  It,s a very popular place in the summer so be prepared for noisy folks returning from the pub or as we found a gaggle of inconsiderate D of E numptys making a racket all night.  Theres probably better sites nearby, but this one is convenient, just remember the ear plugs ;).

theres a pic here
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/103990
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy