Author Topic: So how you cope not being able to get out walking!  (Read 2355 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: So how you cope not being able to get out walking!
« Reply #15 on: 19:32:10, 08/02/19 »
Other stuff to do this week end so.  Straight from work on to Bodmin moor.  Just a couple of hours before dark, bit of a gale blowing, couple of horizontal showers later and I'm back home showered happy and relaxed.  You just have to get out there and enjoy it for what it is.  Nature in all it's guises.

inthebagbud

« Reply #16 on: 06:01:21, 09/02/19 »
So it was a read of the met office at 5 this morning and suffice to say the conditions had worsened for the Dale's so currently writing a list of jobs to keep me occupied.  At least better to do know when weather is crap than when it's not.

Will plan in a walk to town and back in morning for some shopping so that should help

1slandmonkey

« Reply #17 on: 10:43:02, 10/02/19 »
I have a nice Riverside spot I walk to on my lunch hour. It's particularly nice this time of year as it doesn't get overrun by people, just the odd jogger or dog walker.
No matter how cold I take a wander and eat my lunch there at least a couple of times a week.
It's not far but it's outdoors its peaceful and you get plenty of wildlife. Sometimes even the odd kingfisher if your lucky 

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: How so you cope not being able to get out walking!
« Reply #18 on: 16:53:18, 11/02/19 »

....Even a few miles walking in the rain makes me feel good.

Same for me, to a point.  I'd go out in light rain/drizzle and reasonably enjoy it....but heavy rain, especially if accompanied by strong winds, is a definite no!  There is no joy at all in walking in those conditions.

If I'm on a group walk and the weather turns really bad, then all I can do is tolerate it until it's over!

Generally though, it isn't weather that stops me from walking.  It's other stuff.  I'm lucky that I can walk any day of the week though, so nothing stops me for long 8)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy