Author Topic: Reporting RoW problems  (Read 1047 times)

Roburite

Reporting RoW problems
« on: 23:41:18, 22/08/18 »
Thanks to another thread on this forum I was prompted to report a problem with crops growing on the line of a footpath. I was surprised to find just how easy it was. Find the Devon Council website, click on the section for roads and transport, scroll down to public rights of way and there on the right you find a little tag for "report a problem". This takes you to an interactive map where you can zoom down to locate the place. Click on the line of the footpath and a little popup box invites you to add details. When the process is completed an icon appears on the map so that others can see there is a problem and it has been reported. Other people can add themselves if they are interested.The test will be to see how soon there is some action. I'll try to remember to report back.
It it as easy as this in other areas? have you used this kind or reporting and what action have you had?

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Re: Reporting RoW problems
« Reply #1 on: 09:20:11, 23/08/18 »
Well yes it’s as easy as that to report, but I never got a reply to mine! Which is the whole point of reporting it.

Stube

« Reply #2 on: 09:27:25, 23/08/18 »
Hampshire have a similar system - you an even add photos.

They are very proactive in replying - even though I left the email space for replies blank. They tracked me down and sent a letter!

Hampshire CC are very keen on walkers using the footpaths for health and economic reasons. O0

Conversely, I've reported problems on National Trails to their website, left an email and have never had any response - not even an automated acknowledgement.
« Last Edit: 09:40:32, 23/08/18 by Stube »

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:14:58, 23/08/18 »
Just done one this very pm to report that SWCP is impassable at Bossington.  A section of the path running between 2 hedges is under water, probably as the result of a blocked culvert/drain.  I used the SWCP website to report it, they are usually very fast at giving feedback.
Solvitur Ambulando

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 09:40:33, 24/08/18 »
I found it really easy to report the maize obstruction on the East Cheshire council site, after a couple of goes. Makes it a lot easier if you have the necessary info ready to paste into their boxes. When I was on the Shropshire LAF, now something like the Great Outdoor Strategy Group, I wished that individuals would write in their experiences so that the council officials and the other representatives would get first hand taste of being at the receiving end.
But when I tried to give a reasoned explanation how many other businesses might be affected by one growers crop planting, I was told the B off in so many words.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Thedogsmother

« Reply #5 on: 23:27:24, 05/09/18 »
I reported one to Conwy where a shed had been erected over the actual footpath, the stile wrapped in barbed wire and a very off putting sign above the footpath saying ‘you are being watched’ plus all footpath signage had been removed. I never got a reply.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:24:41, 06/09/18 »
Perhaps you should include the map reference, you may get support from others is they can identify the exact location.
If this is genuine, no legitimate alterations or recognisable detours, then, I believe, the landowner has committed a criminal offence and is not a civil matter.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy