Author Topic: Advice please, Which Hilleberg?  (Read 5110 times)

Owen

• Veteran Member
Re: Advice please, Which Hilleberg?
« Reply #30 on: 18:59:55, 08/04/19 »
Tarptent Scarp is another tough little tent that I am interested in. There was a TR posted last year with one pitched in the snow in the Lake District. I'll try and find it.

Not sure where you would get one in the UK though.

You can't buy them here, they have to be ordered from California. Tarptent are another one man outfit, Henry. He posts them to you but you then have to pay the duty once they arrive in the UK.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 09:38:29, 09/04/19 »
Thanks Owen; thought that was the case.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

MudMagnet

« Reply #32 on: 11:33:13, 10/04/19 »
Never owned a Hilieberg but like the designs and always have a bit of tent envy when I see one.  However, as already mentioned on this thread, I do think that you are also paying a premium for the name. 
I have the Alpkit Ordos 2 which weighs in at 1.25kg, great tent, but like the common issue that appears from what I can see with Hilieberg suffers with condensation.  However, the customer service from Alpkit is among the best I have ever seen. 
It's worth looking around as there are lots of smaller cottage companies that offer some great products now.
Good luck in your search, half the fun for me is researching equipment as well as using it.

taxino8

« Reply #33 on: 12:13:20, 10/04/19 »
Never owned a Hilieberg but like the designs and always have a bit of tent envy when I see one.  However, as already mentioned on this thread, I do think that you are also paying a premium for the name. 
I have the Alpkit Ordos 2 which weighs in at 1.25kg, great tent, but like the common issue that appears from what I can see with Hilieberg suffers with condensation.  However, the customer service from Alpkit is among the best I have ever seen. 
It's worth looking around as there are lots of smaller cottage companies that offer some great products now.
Good luck in your search, half the fun for me is researching equipment as well as using it.
I’m an Alpkit fan too but want an outer pitching or inner and outer together tent.
Thanks for the input though.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 12:41:20, 10/04/19 »
We've pitched our MSR Elixir outer first it's not difficult 8)
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

MudMagnet

« Reply #35 on: 13:54:30, 10/04/19 »
We've pitched our MSR Elixir outer first it's not difficult 8)

I've managed to pitch the Ordos 2 outer first when using the footprint.  Wasn't the easiest thing in the world, but managed to get in and get damp outerwear of before putting the inner up.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy