Author Topic: A Troutbeck Trio  (Read 1257 times)

jontea

• Veteran Member
A Troutbeck Trio
« on: 16:55:34, 15/03/18 »
It turned out to be a very pleasant solo walk of these unpretentious little fells. they may be small in comparison with the nearby Kentmere
Horseshoe, but having walked this trio, It certainly felt like a good days walk around a really beautiful valley.

http://johntrowsdale.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/troutbeck.html

Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

April

• Veteran Member
Re: A Troutbeck Trio
« Reply #1 on: 18:17:31, 15/03/18 »
At first I thought you were better Jontea and had been out for a walk recently :o Then I read "November"  ::)

Great report and pics, we've descended from the Garburn Road to do Troutbeck Tongue, not easy!
Hate will never win

photonut

« Reply #2 on: 18:33:29, 15/03/18 »
Looks like a nice walk Jontea... a few Wainwrights then a beer.  What more you you ask for :)

Love the pic from Sour Howes summit looking towards Coniston... what a belter!!!

Is the path from the bridleway up to Sour Howes summit obvious/ easy to find?... or is it a case of making your own path?

Cheers
Lee

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:01:37, 15/03/18 »
At first I thought you were better Jontea and had been out for a walk recently :o Then I read "November"  ::)

;D  I wish April, no I just have a bit of time on my hands just to update my blog.
Thanks for the kind comments  :)

Looks like a nice walk Jontea... a few Wainwrights then a beer.  What more you you ask for :)

Love the pic from Sour Howes summit looking towards Coniston... what a belter!!!

Is the path from the bridleway up to Sour Howes summit obvious/ easy to find?... or is it a case of making your own path?

Cheers
Lee

Thanks Lee, yes you can’t beat a pint at the end of a walk. ;)

The path is a clear one, when reaching a stile just before a wood above the caravan park. Sour Howes is easily reached from here  O0

Instagram  jontea62

photonut

« Reply #4 on: 19:14:40, 15/03/18 »

The path is a clear one, when reaching a stile just before a wood above the caravan park. Sour Howes is easily reached from here  O0

Nice one. Thank you

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:08:57, 15/03/18 »
Great report John, hope it's not too long before you are back out there.

Tin

« Reply #6 on: 21:48:37, 15/03/18 »
Nice TR, hope you'll be back on the hills soon O0

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 09:18:18, 17/03/18 »
Enjoyed the blog, Jontea.  O0  Looks like there were some fine views from those fells, even if they weren't that interesting in themselves.

I know what you mean about "shortcuts" - I've learned from experience to be wary of taking them unless I can very clearly see the route ahead.

henryb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 15:38:14, 17/03/18 »
Great photos Jontea O0  Haven't been to that region in the Lakes, nice to see photos of an unfamiliar area :)  Really like the photos of the southern fells in the third photo O0

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 21:23:51, 17/03/18 »
Great report John, hope it's not too long before you are back out there.

Nice TR, hope you'll be back on the hills soon O0
Thanks guys  O0

I know what you mean about "shortcuts" - I've learned from experience to be wary of taking them unless I can very clearly see the route ahead.
It turned out to be pretty tame, if I were doing the same route again, I’d cut down much earlier.  O0

Great photos Jontea O0  Haven't been to that region in the Lakes, nice to see photos of an unfamiliar area :)  Really like the photos of the southern fells in the third photo O0
Thanks very much, that third one was from my dslr, which I’m just learning how to use in manual.
Most of the others are just from my I-phone  ::)

Instagram  jontea62

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy