Author Topic: George Fisher Boot Guarantee Scheme - anyone used it?  (Read 692 times)

veracocha

I purchased a new pair of boots from the above in March and having tried them on my patio for an hour I found them to be too small. My fitting slip said I was 8 1/2 heavy?? but the boots I have are an 8. I have since bought another identical pair (not from the same outlet) in a 8 1/2 which are exactly right for me. The boots are obviously unused save the hour in the yard and boxed with the guarantee. If I were to return them would I be offered a partial refund or a credit note?

I have emailed them but due to the current situation I believe they are closed. Any help appreciated.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
Re: George Fisher Boot Guarantee Scheme - anyone used it?
« Reply #1 on: 20:06:22, 03/05/20 »
The problem you've got is that you have worn them outside albeit only on your patio. I have not used George Fisher before so don't know their policy on that. A lot of retailers won't entertain the return of any boots which have been worn outside or with creasing to the leather which shows they've been worn as they cannot simply put them back into stock to resell them as new.

To make use of their Correct Fit Guarantee it quite rightly appears to require that you at least give them the opportunity to correct the fitting problem and from your post you have failed to allow them the opportunity to do this. I can't see how they can correct a fitting issue without you contacting them or visiting the store.

https://georgefisher.co.uk/pages/visit-george-fisher-services-boot-fitting

My advice would be for you contact them to discuss the matter when they reopen for business before you do anything else.

The links I posted in this thread may be worth a read for the Consumer Rights Act 2015 legal position http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=36810.0

veracocha

« Reply #2 on: 20:15:49, 03/05/20 »
Thanks for the response. It does say they will refund the appropriate amount depending on the condition. I certainly wouldn't expect a full refund. They were out of stock on the 8.5 so not sure what they could have done. I paid £130 so even if I get near £80 credit that'll be worth it I reckon.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:28:10, 03/05/20 »
You need to discuss the maater with them. Don't take a gamble on just returning them until you have.

I suppose another option would be to stick them on eBay and see what response you get?

veracocha

« Reply #4 on: 20:32:28, 03/05/20 »
The stores closed so I had to email them but as I said, they are in lock-down but there's no rush. If I could get credit for some walking poles that would be ideal.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy