Author Topic: Exploring kinder  (Read 1502 times)

Outandabout1

Exploring kinder
« on: 19:39:57, 27/11/18 »
Hello I'm new to the forum. I've been up kinder on many of the routes this year in preparation for the 3peaks in April. We decided to step it up a gear and combine two of the routes into one..
 O0

Starting point main carpark in edale first point of call was barber booth and up Jacobs ladder..we then followed the peninne way onto kinder downfall..then heading off west down to kinder res and around  O0 hayfield we then went back up kinder via kinder low end very steep😭 then over the southern edge down grindsbrook Clough back to edale..just over 24km in total good days walking.. just wondered if anyone can recommend anyother long distance routes in the area as it's only an hour's drive and plenty of big hills to clamber up and down.. tia.

Outandabout1

Re: Exploring kinder
« Reply #1 on: 19:41:20, 27/11/18 »
Don't no where the faces came from like I said I'm new to this

maximurph

« Reply #2 on: 22:45:08, 27/11/18 »
Edale skyline.

Zizag

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 23:08:14, 27/11/18 »
The Gritstone trail .
From Disley to Kidsgrove .
Two parts of the trail are hilly and strenuous .
You could hike from the Northern Start point at Disley walk to Teggs Nose Country park Macclesfield about 20K .
Then second part .
From Teggs Nose CP to end up at Mow Kop.  Similar distance .This should give you a good test and try out on hilly terrain.
Forget the rest of the trail as Its to easy and no test ,unless you want to gain mileage .
Also you can get trains home from Kidsgrove.

the rest of the trail about 7 miles is downhill and onto canal towpath to finish at Kidsgrove  about 35 miles total

Outandabout1

« Reply #4 on: 06:49:26, 28/11/18 »
Thanks for the replies I will look into them.. think I've done the edale skyline kinder rush ups edge mamtor etc was a Great walk tho no harm in doing it again

Outandabout1

« Reply #5 on: 06:58:03, 28/11/18 »
Rush ups edge sorry

Ralph

« Reply #6 on: 13:52:44, 28/11/18 »
Rush ups edge sorry
[/quote]  
Do you mean Rushup Edge?  

Outandabout1