Author Topic: Walked Hadrian's Wall Path for my 60th  (Read 1404 times)

FatBaldDuck

Walked Hadrian's Wall Path for my 60th
« on: 19:45:28, 17/09/18 »
July - August the wife & I walked HWP - we started on my 60th birthday & finished 8 days later - a great time staying in B&B's!!!  A bit wet & windy on the crags - big shocker.
Overall a nice walk from Segedunum to Bowness-on-Solway
« Last Edit: 19:49:31, 17/09/18 by FatBaldDuck »
I am not young enough to know everything.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!
                     8)

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
Re: Walked Hadrian's Wall Path for my 60th
« Reply #1 on: 16:31:55, 16/10/18 »
My day trips on the Pennine Way brought me along Hadrian's Wall, amazed by the entertaining tales from people I met fom all over the world - yep as far away as New Zealand! Well done FatBaldDuck!

FatBaldDuck

« Reply #2 on: 12:10:30, 23/10/18 »
'Twas interesting - met dozens of people along the path - France, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany & America.  Many from England, but only 3 from the north.  We talked with lady working at Segedunum, and asked her about people walking the entire path - she told us mainly Americans & Canadians.  We asked about locals - no, not many locals.  My wife knew why - she grew up in Whitley Bay & they new ALL about the wall & the Romans - school reports, field trips, reports about the field trips, dioramas, etc - they were saturated by the damn Romans & damn Hadrian & his wall!  She was more "excited" about walking across the country than about seeing the tiny bit of wall still extant!?!  The cities, villages & wider places in the road we visited & stayed were fun. Beer is always good & the food was food.   8)
I am not young enough to know everything.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!
                     8)

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:10:50, 24/10/18 »
Like the user name  ;D

ilona

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy