Author Topic: Munros  (Read 8600 times)

M J B

Munros
« on: 22:30:22, 25/02/07 »
Are there any Munro baggers or closet baggers on here?  ;)

I have done 7 since my New Years trip, i guess if im counting im a bagger lol.

Ive got 5 days off over easter, any ideas where i can go to get a few more?

M J B

Re: Munros
« Reply #1 on: 22:11:25, 10/03/07 »
hummm 49 views and no comments!  ???

this forum will never work if people dont post stuff. at least call me a bagger and say how sad i am or something like that  ;D

Deerplay

« Reply #2 on: 22:29:02, 11/03/07 »
I've done a few over the years but wouldn't say I'm a "bagger". I thought about it and realised that if you live in England you'd need to use up all your holidays doing them. I retire in 7 years so might start that project then.
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

marmot

« Reply #3 on: 10:17:40, 13/03/07 »
Maybe the question was a bit general MJB, you don't state your walking preferences or area.  It would be a very long answer.

titaniumdude

« Reply #4 on: 13:27:07, 13/03/07 »
Not really a list ticker at all so I would have to look at the maps to answer that question (since I can't even remember the names of the mountains we summited last year).  Don't imagine it would be more than half a dozen.  What does appeal to me though is the prospect of doing the full round of munros in one go.  If only time and money would;d allow.  Then again I'd have to do some climbing practice in order to contemplate this.
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

marmot

« Reply #5 on: 20:11:11, 14/03/07 »
You didn't say which you did initially either.
Anyway, here's my suggestions: any of them on Skye (Bruach na Frithe if you're scared of heights), Ben Nevis by Carn mor Dearg and Bidean nam Bian.

M J B

« Reply #6 on: 19:29:06, 16/03/07 »
So far this year since my new year trip i have done the following

Meall a'Chrasgaidh
Sgurr nan Clach Geala
Sgurr nan Each
A' Chailleach
Sgurr Breac

Ben Hope

Geal Charn

The first 5 were near Ullapool, Ben Hope was a mad day out to bag it lol and Geal Charn is in the Cairngorms.  I was meant to go back up to scotland last week but one of my mates dropped out. Its a good 8 hrs trip into the centre of Scotland but i cant get enough. The scotish folk are so friendly and its nice to get away from the daily grind. If i could find somewhere to live and work i would be off like a shot.

Blue-Fingers

« Reply #7 on: 20:27:47, 22/03/07 »
Trying to plan a decent route from Fort William poss to Bridge of Orchy for train home and baggin a few myself  :D

Not done much up Scotland but any advice on great routes ? Probs take in Nevis approached from the north to tick of the list but once this is out the way would prefer to avoid the crowds?

been quite alot of snow up that way recently , are crampons really neccesary ?

Blue-Fingers

« Reply #8 on: 20:36:03, 22/03/07 »

What about B&B baggers ?

any munro recommend B&Bs on route from fort william though nevis and glencoes and onward to bridge of orchy etc (previous post)

Thomas

« Reply #9 on: 18:32:47, 27/03/07 »
Anyone near Fort William from Easter Sunday to Friday 13th for some Munro's??

M J B

« Reply #10 on: 20:07:04, 27/03/07 »
I may very well be interested in this!
I am currently looking into buying some land in the highlands so may have to head off up that way to take a look at it. As yet not heard anything back so no real plans as it stands.

Thomas

« Reply #11 on: 21:01:55, 27/03/07 »
I'll keep you informed..... not sure what I'm doing or where I'm staying yet, I've only got two Munro's so far but would like more for my ML log book my e-mail is on my profile.

Tom.W

Geo

« Reply #12 on: 14:06:53, 26/10/07 »
I am climbing my 98th Munro this weekend but a am still curios 2 what it was i came across when i was near the top of Creise, Glen Coe, has anyone climbed this atall, that i could discuss...

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 12:39:04, 29/10/07 »
98th well done thats great.

Do you mean the spot height marker (i think it may have been demoted from the munro family but not totally sure ?)

Great to hear from you and welcome to the forum Geo
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Geo

« Reply #14 on: 18:02:49, 31/10/07 »
yes i love to be up in the hills! its a shame the weathers getting colder now, would liked to have got more done soon, wont stop me though! do you climb the munros aswell then i take it?
It was very misty, but i saw two large figures, black and about 25ft tall infront of me, my friend that had came along with me saw it too, but we swiftly moved on.. was something else! have u been up Creise yourself? it joins onto Meall a'Bhuiridh  if thats any help?

thanks for the reply.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy