Author Topic: Kendal Mint Cake  (Read 7194 times)

fernman

• Veteran Member
Kendal Mint Cake
« on: 08:38:33, 01/04/17 »
 The makers of Kendal Mint Cake have announced that in line with the sugar tax that is coming into force in 2018, and to help the drive to combat obesity, they are launching a new sugar-free bar in which the traditional recipe of sugar and glucose has been replaced largely by stevia plus other ingredients that they are keeping secret. The new product is expected to be widely available from the end of this month, and it will replace the original formula, which is being phased out.

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
Re: Kendal Mint Cake
« Reply #1 on: 09:09:25, 01/04/17 »
Yes, they are changing the name of it too.  It will be called Kendal Mint Fool.   :D

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:38:40, 01/04/17 »
That's beyond belief, just because 99% of the countries population are too damn lazy to get off their feet, and take part in some moderate exercise, we want to make life easier for them.

Kendal Mint cake, especially the chocolate covered variety, is manner from heaven for those of us who choose to look after our bodies, but just because the majority are just too lazy to do something about their obesity, the rest of us have to swallow the bitter pill.

Why should the tiny minority have to suffer, and be denied our favourite treats, because sugar is seen as the big evil.

If Kendal Mint Cake had the right mindset, they should allow those who have the willpower to get their yummy snack on free prescription.

It will be the Mars Bar, and Sherbert Leomons next.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:42:49, 01/04/17 »
 :)

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:43:39, 01/04/17 »
 ;D

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:52:30, 01/04/17 »
oh dear, there's always one  :D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:54:40, 01/04/17 »
I for one would by Fool's cake. It could only be an improvement  ;D
Solvitur Ambulando

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:34:53, 02/04/17 »
Nice one. ;D ;D

Better than the TV announcement it was 32nd of March.
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

Skip

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 19:15:56, 02/04/17 »
That's beyond belief...

;D

As an aside (on 2 April) I think Kendal Mint Cake is one of the most unpalatable confections ever devised.
Skip

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 20:30:54, 02/04/17 »
So they plan to change the sugar part for lots of chemicals, Stevia and 'other (secret?) ingredients'? Will they be all tested to ensure they are not carcinogenic? Do you think they would even bother telling us? After all, business is business, gotta make a profit!!

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 20:35:40, 02/04/17 »
Even 20 years ago my GP always said that he considered that the two most dangerous substances to human beings on this planet are sugar and salt! He also told me if I die of one or the other he's going to haunt me in the afterlife. Personally, I think Kendall Mint Cake is really horrible, I never did like it. I assume some people love it?

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 20:45:26, 02/04/17 »
See Fernman, you needn't have worried.

Grasshopper he say 'all things come to him who wait'

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 21:08:45, 02/04/17 »
You are quite right, Ridge.
Perhaps now is the time for me to confess:
My opening post made on April 1st was completely made up!  >:D
Those who expressed upset seem to have missed the obvious point that the Mint Cake is made of sugar and glucose to give an energy boost, which would be absent if these were replaced by artificial sweetener.

« Last Edit: 21:15:33, 02/04/17 by fernman »

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 21:21:47, 02/04/17 »
Awwww, fernman.  You spoilsport.  This April fool was a real go-er.  First time in forum history I think  ;D

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 21:27:57, 02/04/17 »
Don't worry Mel, in a few posts time someone will read the first post not bother with the others and be outraged.

On a none walking forum the Mods made changes to the skin on 1st April and me and another forum member had a proper handbags-at -dawn about it while also PMing each other. The Mods, realising what was going on, deleted any posts from others which mentioned the date. It was great fun.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy