Author Topic: Dumyat  (Read 7090 times)

JohnnyW

Re: Dumyat
« Reply #15 on: 10:15:15, 14/06/10 »
I like Dumyat, as I do her Big Brother Ben Cleugh and all the Ochils. Great views and a nice place to linger when it's not too busy.

I am often up there as a nice short blast. Was up Cleugh last Saturday as there was a car crash in Callendar that blocked the road for a couple of hours, stopping me getting up to Glencoe in time to climb, so I had a yomp along to Andrew Gannel Hill and down for a pint in the Woolpack.

Dumyat is my wife and kids' usual walk too - They go from Sherrifmuir as you say, less ascent.

Meikle Bin tonight with the dog.......... another wee stoater!

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 13:01:44, 14/06/10 »
I really need to do Dumyat and the Ochils when I go and visit my Mum as it's not far. I used to be able to see all the ochils from my flat before I moved to englandshire  :D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: 15:33:21, 14/06/10 »
It is my intention to do one for Ben Cleugh this week its a natural progression to aid my rehab for my ankle, up The Law then onto Ben Cleugh over to Andrew Gannel and back down the path to the bridges. I can not test it too much but the steeper section up The Law will test my lungs if nothing else.  ;D
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Lee Akeroyd

« Reply #18 on: 21:54:24, 23/06/10 »

LOL something like that  ;D

What did you do to your ankle?

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 18:32:50, 26/06/10 »
Angry, it looks like a good walk, thank you for sharing.
I love the name Dumyat too, and thanks for the tip on how to say it.   O0

Angry, I hope your ankle is feeling better now.   
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy