Author Topic: Your favourite photo from 2010?  (Read 20911 times)

docpaul

• Veteran Member
Your favourite photo from 2010?
« on: 14:03:29, 15/12/10 »
Hey all - how about showing us your fave pic from 2010 walking - emphasis on FAVOURITE not necessarily BEST.

I would suggest NOT the one showing greatest photo genius (we could have another thread for that if people want) but the photo that crystallises a really powerful or special walking experience for you.

And tell us why you chose it of course!!

8)

Paul
Courage doesn’t always come in a loud roar.
Sometimes courage comes as a small voice at the end of the day saying,
“I’ll try again tomorrow.”

dibble

• Veteran Member
Re: Your favourite photo from 2010?
« Reply #1 on: 14:06:05, 15/12/10 »
What a great idea Paul!  I need to look one out.  :)

I look forward to seeing the one you choose and why.   :)    O0 O0 O0
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

docpaul

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:09:41, 15/12/10 »
I guess I get to go first.....!

Yours truly on Beinn Mhor, highest hill on South Uist, in the Outer Hebrides, June this year. (Groan, yes I know - it HAD to be the Hebrides!)
Loch Eynort is the superb sea-loch at our feet, which is where we saw a pair of Golden Eagles.

In the background, the isle of Barra, which we fell in love with in a big way and didn't want to leave.

It just had to be the Hebrides - fantastic experiences for 2 weeks there - and the pic taken by Mrs DocP of course. Special place, special to be together there too - we've walked SO many hills and mountains over the past 33 years and I'm just so grateful that we are together, and fit enough to go to such awesome places! 

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:20:43, 15/12/10 »
That's awesome.   Thank you for sharing.   O0

I must go there one day.   :)
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:40:15, 15/12/10 »
Paul, you said not 'photo genius' and then show that one, great photo.

I've posted this one before but mine would be my son's first crossing of Striding Edge.

Not a great photo, none of mine ever are, but a great memory.

Annejacko

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:14:25, 15/12/10 »

The OMM on Dartmoor. Finishing was a real high after we had dropped out of Saunders on day 2.
Definetely pushed me to my mental and physical limit. A weekend I won't forget.
Enjoy every sandwich

glovepuppet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 15:33:54, 15/12/10 »
This one of the edge of Kinder Scout with rain looming is the most evocative for me. The mix of sunshine patches and dark clouds looming mirror the rather up-and-down nature of my 2010 ....

docpaul

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 15:47:32, 15/12/10 »
Paul, you said not 'photo genius' and then show that one, great photo.

Well OK but it's not taken by me  ;)

I've posted this one before but mine would be my son's first crossing of Striding Edge.

Not a great photo, none of mine ever are, but a great memory.

That's what it's all about!  O0  Let's hope he still loves the outdoors when he gets older - and I love the photo, there's such concentration in it, even though you can't see his face! Great memory for sure.

The OMM on Dartmoor.

Definetely pushed me to my mental and physical limit. A weekend I won't forget.

Those are the kind of experiences you don'e forget! Remind a mere northern dweller - what's the OMM?

This one of the edge of Kinder Scout with rain looming is the most evocative for me. The mix of sunshine patches and dark clouds looming mirror the rather up-and-down nature of my 2010 ....

Very evocative, GP. Hope 2011 is more ups than downs for you, even if it ain't wall-to-wall blue sky!

ianb40

« Reply #8 on: 16:25:39, 15/12/10 »
Hi, newbie here! - how do you add photos? The insert image icon is for a link??? How do I upload a file? Please Help!   

docpaul

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 16:34:56, 15/12/10 »
Hi Ian welcome to the best forum on the Web!!

Peakbagger has a wickedly useful sticky on how to post pics at

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,5138.0.html

I still use Tinypic so it seems to still work OK. It's a bit laborious at first but you get used to doing something else while you wait for things to upload!

Have fun - looking forward to your pic.

Paul

ianb40

« Reply #10 on: 16:44:18, 15/12/10 »
omg! that's so long winded it would be easier to just post a link of where my image is on flickr etc I think! Thanks anyway for your quick response and kind welcome! 

Here's mine, not the best weather, not the best photo, but to be standing where I was when I took this in Snowdonia earlier this year was awesome!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28709250@N04/4815904783/

Nomad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 17:03:05, 15/12/10 »
This is my favourite photo from 2010. The 12th of October this year was a fantastic day for being out on the Lakeland fells and I took this picture from Silver How before walking on to Sargent Man.One of the best day's out on the fells this year for me.

Arenig

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 17:42:23, 15/12/10 »
One of my favourite photographs from 2010, just so happened to come from one of my most recent walks. It was Llyn Crafnant and Llyn Geirionydd on 26th November in the company of Ian (Boatgypsy) and his lovely dog (Fly).  

I was particularly pleased with this shot because it was taken from under the trees and the light was low. I had to use fill in flash to illuminate the tree in the foreground. I thought the reflections in the water were amazing.  

Robbo.  

"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"

W.A.S.H.I.S. completer www.walkeryri.org.uk

Welsh Nuttalls completer www.nuttalls.com/mountains/wales

robstubbs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 17:54:29, 15/12/10 »
I think this is one of mine.  From our holiday last year after christmas and over new year.  Don't technically recall which date this was taken but between 27th Dec 2009 and about 3 Jan 2010.  What I love is the snow everywhere, even if it did cause a few headaches.  Oh and it's around Ullswater, 4 or 5 miles from Pooley Bridge.

Rob.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 18:01:06, 15/12/10 »
Paul, this is just tooooo hard! LOL    I can't pick a favourite coz I have so many! :-\ :D

My first thought was to pick one from this set that I took in back in January....

http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,6018.0.html

but as this is my favourite walk of all time in the Peak District (during Winter).... it makes all the photos my favourites too!

I just can't do it! ;D

***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy