Author Topic: Hindscarth and Robinson  (Read 8625 times)

tony1970

Re: Hindscarth and Robinson
« Reply #30 on: 15:51:24, 31/01/10 »

Special praise to Mark: car park to Hindscarth in just over an hour!
Very special praise to Dibs and Dave who coped very well considering the conditions. Also to Tony who never looked out of breath!

You are joking mate I could have done with another orifice to breathe out of going up Knott Rigg. ;D

Happy birthday for next week Mark.(Did you find your boots?)

Once again thanks to everyone for making it a great day out roll on the next meet.

docpaul

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 17:58:14, 31/01/10 »
Looks like a classic day y'all had! Pretty darned impressive ascent log good grief - remind me to get fit if I'm ever tempted.....

Fab pictures too.... thanks to all for posting cos I know it takes a bit of time!

I would be DEAD jealous if I hadn't been on the hill yesterday  8)

Trip report pending.....

Paul
Courage doesn’t always come in a loud roar.
Sometimes courage comes as a small voice at the end of the day saying,
“I’ll try again tomorrow.”

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 18:23:09, 31/01/10 »
 :)

I'm gonna get fitter, and then I'm gonna go back and time myself going up Hindscarth...
by April....

;D

and then not tell anyone if it's not so good!
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

Pearsy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 19:31:55, 31/01/10 »
12 miles and 5100 feet.  O0   Thats my second hardest day out ever, not counting the 3 peaks and other "organised stuff".

I think we might break that record this year as myself and Micky are a bit fitter (well he is  8) )

Heres some pics then.

Everyone has neglected the group member who walked about 60 miles.

Thats Lexie (not Mark who's lurking in the background.

Pete contemplating a scramble and Micky hurling abuse from above  :)  On the way up Hindscarth

The Eastern flank of Robinson from High Crags on Hindscarth

Its either High Crag or Pillar poking over the top of the col.  Help required there.

Micky celebrating reaching the snow line. Causey Pike in the background along with the stunning Skiddaw.

No description. Thats why I get up at 4 in the morning.  To see things like that..WOW.

The Hellvellyn massif.  I saw it and wanted to be over there. But i wouldn't have seen it like this. From the left Catsye Cam (the pointy one) Helvellyn Nethermost pike, Dollywagon Pike, St Sunday Crag.

Red Pike and High Stile. (i think) I took too many pictures ;D

Skiddaw from Hindscarth

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 19:55:15, 31/01/10 »
Pearsy, fantastic photos.  O0   It was a great day,,
I love the one of Lexi.   Amazingly she wasn't tired.... and she wants to say
she really appreciated the sarnies and pies from everyone....

And, I am so pleased it was a very good day for you very fit ones...

It was an excellent day, thanks to everyone again for their company.

Annd yes,
oh so wow...

No description. Thats why I get up at 4 in the morning.  To see things like that.
“A star falls from the sky and into your hands. Then it seeps through your veins and swims inside your blood and becomes every part of you." JN.Harris

Pearsy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 20:10:14, 31/01/10 »
Some more:

Me on Wainwright number 1 of the year. (49 to go)

Micky on Dale Head, it could be anywhere in the Himalayas or the Alps, we couldn't stop laughing at the shot.

Stood on the summit of Dale head trying not to get blown away by the ferocious wind.

A gulley on Hindscarth edge:  We could see footprints so someone had climbed it recently, not an ascent or a descent for us today though. I like this photo, it looks like i know what i'm doing with a camera  ;D

Onward to Robinson and the chatter stopped a while as the weather came in..how bad was it going to be?

It turned out to be quite bad for about half an hour.  We started to head for home then changed our minds.  Heres Pete and Dave coming up to 700 metres just before we decided that that was enough for one day.

Mark, totally unfazed by the conditions.

The hills are alive with the sound of music.  I'm in there somewhere.

Micky on Robinson practising his japanese sniper face  ;D .

The layby/car park at Newlands Hause and the ascent of Knott Rigg. We were to traverse the whole ridge to Ard Crags and walk off the end.  The sensible members of the party went the direct tarmac route.  I forgot to take a picture of Moss force..did anyone get one?

Kescadale. I was astounded by how spherical the valley is. Its as if you continue the lines it would make a circle.  Pete was impressed with it too!  Classic glacial activity i think he said.

Mark Pete Mick and Tony on Knott Rigg.  You wouldnt want to mess with them now would you Mr Mountain Rescue spotter  ;D

Me on Ard Crags.  Look at the background though.

The way back to the pub. It was steep and we fell over, a lot!

Awesome day and a superlative route (thanks again Pete).

I big fat BOOOOO to the Farmers Arms in portinscale (my ex-favourite pub in the lakes) and The Pheasant in Keswick which takes our pubs/businesses not wanting our money to FOUR!!!!!!!  Jennings brewery take note.. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Gorgeous pint of Thirsty Winter? in the Queens arms though.

Micky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 20:46:13, 31/01/10 »
Great pictures and comments Pearsy, love the one on top of Dale Head I'm giggling now thinking of us giggling on the day taking those pictures. :2funny: What a great day and I can't wait for the next one. Not too sure about me being fitter it was certainly a tough day and I need a few more of those to catch up with the mountain goat that is Radder. ;D
Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 21:43:10, 31/01/10 »
I need a few more of those to catch up with the mountain goat that is Radder. ;D

Mountain Goat Radder quite like the sound of that  ;D ;D  Ian asked me friday if I would join in with the mileage and total ascent log on the forum with some big walks planned in the summer, but just sat and worked out my total for January and have done well over 100 miles and the ascent equivalent to Evererst  O0

Happy birthday for next week Mark.(Did you find your boots?)

Thanks Tony  O0   Did I find my boots, Yes left them in th boot of the car, That's twice I've done that now on a meet, think Im going to swap my username with someone else on here at this rate  ;D   ;D

dibble

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 21:47:39, 31/01/10 »
Ian asked me friday if I would join in with the mileage and total ascent log on the forum with some big walks planned in the summer, but just sat and worked out my total for January and have done well over 100 miles and the ascent equivalent to Evererst  O0

WOW! 

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #39 on: 01:12:45, 01/02/10 »
Some one has a rather nice red Montane venture, A new purchase? 
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

amnesiacjimmy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 13:31:59, 01/02/10 »
Pearsy most excellent photos I must say, great to see em and relive the day, I realise I do what you do rerun it in my head....especially at work  ;D

, That's twice I've done that now on a meet, think Im going to swap my username with someone else on here at this rate  ;D   ;D
Teehee! Wonder who?  Big up for the ascent and mileage btw! But look out, I'm just behind you (if you got telescope  ;D )

Just got let down for walk on Friday coming so gonna look up castleton and mam tor stuff like you both suggested and get down there and do a quick 10+ miler

Dave
12 songs enjoy while posting and browsing on 'ere  :)   http://tinyurl.com/3rd9vey -

More stuff on Itunes:   http://tinyurl.com/3phvnla

nigel(55)

« Reply #41 on: 15:55:15, 01/02/10 »
Great photo's guys it must have been a brill day out.
live for today as if its your last

tony1970

« Reply #42 on: 16:03:06, 01/02/10 »
Some one has a rather nice red Montane venture, A new purchase? 
Hey AC got the jacket last October so fairly new. One of my better choices in kit I think.

Great photo's guys it must have been a brill day out.
Cheers Nigel it was an absolutely fantastic day out with some incredibly nice likeminded people. I would reccomend to anybody to get out on a meetup. Well worth it.

PistonPete

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: 16:03:16, 01/02/10 »
Fantastic photos guys and girls  O0  I must win the pools, buy a big eff off motorhome and live in it touring my favourite places in the UK  :)
Walk

Micky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 17:40:06, 05/02/10 »
Sorry about the delay, I've had a busy week. But as promissed here are some of my pictures from this great day out.

Just starting out with a spring in our steps.

Part of the challenge ahead of us.

The view across to Skidaw.

Where do you think you lot are going.

Another view of Skidaw from part way up Hindscarth.

Taking a breather and admiring the scenery.

Hindscarth.

The next peak, that of Dale Head from Hindscarth.

Looking across at the Helvellin range.

Great Gable and the Scarfell massif from Dale Head.

Mountain man Pearsy on the summit of K2, sorry I mean Dale Head.

Me at Dale Head Cain, Brrrrr it was bluddy cold.

A spot of lunch on the slopes of High Snockrigg.

The view towards Knott Rigg and Ard Crags.

Mark, Pete, Ian and Tony atop Ard Crags.

What a great day that was, perfect scenery, perfect weather and perfect company. Can't wait until the next one. O0
Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy