Author Topic: Down jackets.  (Read 597 times)

Johnny Thunder

Down jackets.
« on: 14:43:46, 02/09/20 »
How do you store your down jacket? Do you hang it in the wardrobe/coat rack or use a lofting sack?

I've only owned one for a few months but this thought just crossed my mind. I have mine hung up in the cupboard
with all other coats. Is this OK?

Thank you.

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
Re: Down jackets.
« Reply #1 on: 15:15:53, 02/09/20 »
How do you store your down jacket? Do you hang it in the wardrobe/coat rack or use a lofting sack?

I've only owned one for a few months but this thought just crossed my mind. I have mine hung up in the cupboard
with all other coats. Is this OK?

Thank you.

All sleeping bags, down jackets and any compressible insulation gets put in the wardrobe or cupboard.  If you store them compacted there's a good chance they won't loft up properly and lose a lot of warmth.  Technically the same happens to fleece, but it's to a far lesser degree than 'lofting' insulation like Primaloft or down.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:31:59, 02/09/20 »
My down jacket goes in the wardrobe, my down quilt lies flat in a large trunk on top of my tents in the garage. My quilt is the oldest and most used, it still looks like new, but I think it's not so good at heat retaining these days. The important thing is it still works and I've never thought that my trunk has been bad for it.

Johnny Thunder

« Reply #3 on: 15:37:19, 02/09/20 »
Thanks for the quick responses. My mind is at ease.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy