Author Topic: VR - a stroll up Binsey  (Read 4287 times)

beefy

• Veteran Member
VR - a stroll up Binsey
« on: 21:41:05, 13/11/17 »
hi guys beefy here  8)
with April recovering from her alcohol poisoning .... Errrr .... i mean her spinal operation  ;D ;D ;D
we had a stroll up Binsey
heres the video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYlm-UO1ehw

Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

April

• Veteran Member
Re: VR - a stroll up Binsey
« Reply #1 on: 21:49:34, 13/11/17 »
Nice vid beefy  O0 It was a long enough walk for an invalid  ;D You got some good willo flying time  O0

Hate will never win

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:49:41, 14/11/17 »
Nice footage, Beefy - some great views over towards the Uldale Fells.  O0

I bet it felt good to be back out on the fells, April.  :)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:24:48, 14/11/17 »
Great footage and lovely to see April out and about. Lovely shots over to back o' Skiddaw.

It was a long enough walk for an invalid  ;D 
When the Doc said that you should walk as much as you can they probably didn't know what they were saying.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:58:57, 14/11/17 »
I did feel good to be out adalard but it was a constant effort with my bleddy neck!

When the Doc said that you should walk as much as you can they probably didn't know what they were saying.

:) I know I have to remind myself that their idea of walking as much as I can and what mine is, is most likely to be miles apart (groan if you must) and I have to calm meself down a bit. The walk I did on Sunday was far too far!
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:52:03, 14/11/17 »
Love that - I walked Binsey on a truly miserable day a few weeks ago - I didn't realise it was so nice (I didn't actually look up for most of the time to avoid having my eyes taken out by the rain)!

Good to see April walking too and I hope the recovery goes well.

Paul

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:44:23, 14/11/17 »
A nice relaxing video beefy   :)

It was a long enough walk for an invalid

Glad you were able to get out and about, April. It must have felt liberating    :)   Take care not to do too much though

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 15:29:45, 14/11/17 »
Great video Beefy. Loved the Benny Hill walk - or is that your usual speed?

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 16:50:15, 14/11/17 »
Great video Beefy. Loved the Benny Hill walk - or is that your usual speed?

Yes, I wondered that too.  There can't be much wrong with April if she can run at that speed!  ;D

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 18:22:28, 14/11/17 »
I did feel good to be out adalard but it was a constant effort with my bleddy neck!

:) I know I have to remind myself that their idea of walking as much as I can and what mine is, is most likely to be miles apart (groan if you must) and I have to calm meself down a bit. The walk I did on Sunday was far too far!

I don't think they envisaged any hill climbing either.

Cabin fever is not nice. When I was plastered and couldn't get out for 6 weeks I was so depressed just talking to myself. If I could have driven to Beachy Head I would have stepped over the edge. But on the other hand if I could get to Beachy Head I wouldn't have been depressed as I would have been able to get out. Catch 22.

At least you have Beefy and he carried the rucksack. Perhaps on your first camp he can carry everything for the both of you as he was such a gentleman carrying the pack on this walk.  But I do think it was a bit soon to be running.
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

henryb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 18:39:52, 14/11/17 »
Great video beefy, nice views of the Northern fells

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 18:53:59, 14/11/17 »
thank you everyone for the replies ...  O0
i speeded some parts of the video up to fit in with the music  :D
we were actually having a gentle stroll ...  ;D

and as for being plastered... well April usually is on a fri and sat night ...  ;D ;D ;D
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 18:58:02, 14/11/17 »
Good to see April walking too and I hope the recovery goes well.

Thanks pdstsp  :)

Glad you were able to get out and about, April. It must have felt liberating    :)   Take care not to do too much though

It was nice to be on a fell but it was a bit too much really, I will be being more careful this weekend  :)

Loved the Benny Hill walk - or is that your usual speed?
Yes, I wondered that too.  There can't be much wrong with April if she can run at that speed!  ;D

That is beefy trickery  ;D I was actually walking quite slowly  :(

At least you have Beefy and he carried the rucksack. Perhaps on your first camp he can carry everything for the both of you as he was such a gentleman carrying the pack on this walk.  But I do think it was a bit soon to be running.

;D @ the running bit, the speed was a beefy creation  :) Beefy has been very good carrying all the stuff, I think it will be March next year before I am out camping again though.

Beefy can be very annoying when he posts a reply when I've just spent some time writing one myself, sorry I'm repeating what he has written :D I thought he would mention me being plastered  ;D
Hate will never win

Welsh Rambler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 20:29:24, 14/11/17 »
Nice video again Beefy and good to see April up and about although it looked tricky for somebody who has recently had surgery even if you were just strolling. It must be very frustrating for both of you who obviously have a great passion for the great outdoors. Guess there aren't many flat walks in the Lake District though :)

Regards Keith

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 21:58:46, 14/11/17 »
Guess there aren't many flat walks in the Lake District though :)

I will have to think of one for Saturday  :)
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy