Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276223 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #780 on: 20:36:45, 29/07/19 »
We have been up in the Quantock Hills today for the first time.  What a glorious area!  We walked along some interconnected ridges with the heather in full bloom and views across the Bristol Channel to Wales and, on the English side, from Dunkery Beacon round to the Mendips.  Then we dropped down into a glorious wooded stream valley with multiple fords before climbing back up for some more views as we got back to the car park.  Lunch at the Carew Arms in Crowcombe was pleasant too.  The area is now on the do it again list.
One for the list.  :)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #781 on: 21:32:30, 29/07/19 »
One for the list.  :)
  Already planned 2 more  :)
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #782 on: 23:00:33, 31/07/19 »
Out around the local lanes and feilds this evening.  Wearing in my new walking shoes. Still pretty muggy.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #783 on: 19:37:04, 02/08/19 »
Few more miles of the SWCP this afternoon.  Port Wrinkle to Seaton and back along the lanes.  Hottest walk of the year thus far, no wind at all.  We took it steady and enjoyed the sunshine.

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
« Reply #784 on: 19:50:48, 05/08/19 »
A cairngorms day out.  From the car park into the thin cloud at around 850 metres.at the area of creag an leth-choin followed by rain until we got to Ben Macdui summit.... sunshine afterwards until 1141 then some threatening thunder to finish up the walk.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #785 on: 20:48:00, 05/08/19 »
Well we did more trips into the Quantock Hills last week and over the weekend.  Starting to get to know the area a little bit.  I love the contrast between the heather moorland on the tops and the deep wooded valleys.  We were dog sitting last week which limited us a bit in terms of where we could go but now that doggy has gone home we can explore more freely, weather permitting.
Solvitur Ambulando

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #786 on: 17:25:04, 07/08/19 »
Off to the Lakes tomorrow with eldest daughter - if the cloud is high we will do a Coniston round, and if it's as low as forecast in the morning, we will probably head for Grasmere and do an Easedale Horseshoe of sorts.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #787 on: 23:56:44, 07/08/19 »
Out on Bodmin moor this evening.  Found some inquisitive sheep at Bearah tor quary.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #788 on: 08:17:48, 08/08/19 »
Trip no 4 to the Quantock Hills today after the chimney sweep has been.  Hopefully, he will be quick.  Looks like the only trip this week if the weather forecast is right.
Solvitur Ambulando

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #789 on: 10:38:31, 08/08/19 »
Trip no 4 to the Quantock Hills today

Looked at some photos the hills look stunning.

Dread

« Reply #790 on: 11:25:25, 08/08/19 »
On the 271 bus to Hope in the Peaks following in the footsteps of Lee from Doncaster. Walking across the ridge then onto the limestone Way.

Warbler

« Reply #791 on: 12:40:46, 08/08/19 »
Yesterday I managed a 5 mile walk in the South Downs, starting and finishing in Compton. My first "boot and pack" walk in three months due to Achilles injury. Quite pleased with myself after that. 

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #792 on: 15:11:44, 08/08/19 »
Trip no 4 to the Quantock Hills today after the chimney sweep has been.  Hopefully, he will be quick.  Looks like the only trip this week if the weather forecast is right.
  Never made it.  The sweep took much longer than expected so we ended up  walking closer to home on an NT site not on the OS maps.  I have filed the planned walk away for later after the weather has gone through.
Solvitur Ambulando

Dread

« Reply #793 on: 17:10:19, 08/08/19 »
Yesterday I managed a 5 mile walk in the South Downs, starting and finishing in Compton. My first "boot and pack" walk in three months due to Achilles injury. Quite pleased with myself after that.

Nice one Warbler. I hope you were humming Straight Outta Compton as you set off.

Warbler

« Reply #794 on: 14:06:25, 10/08/19 »
"Nice one Warbler. I hope you were humming Straight Outta Compton as you set off."

I stopped short of humming it, but it did cross my mind. As I was driving into Compton my mind drifted back to when me and a mate drove through Compton (LA) around 1989 ish, not long after it's release. You wouldn't want to walk through there, unlike Compton (South Downs).

PS....Why are my "insert quote" and smiley buttons not working?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy