Author Topic: Antonine Wall Scotland  (Read 1399 times)

Lowlander

Antonine Wall Scotland
« on: 15:22:24, 02/07/18 »
I have walked the Antonine Wall entirely and have mapped the complete route too. I did this because there was no connected signage. But now you can simply follow a map on you smartphone. Have a search for: The Antonine Wall - Jerome Blanes RouteIt's a very green route and I enjoyed every minute of it. Of course we had great weather this summer.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Re: Antonine Wall Scotland
« Reply #1 on: 16:42:58, 02/07/18 »
Welcome to the forum , Lowlander.
Thanks for the route, it goes straigt into my bucket list.
What were facilities like on the route? Plenty of shops and eateries?

Too little, too late, too bad......

Lowlander

Re: Antonine Wall Scotland
« Reply #2 on: 17:18:46, 02/07/18 »
Welcome to the forum , Lowlander.
Thanks for the route, it goes straigt into my bucket list.
What were facilities like on the route? Plenty of shops and eateries?

Brilliant. Ask me anything you want to know. Shops and food on the route depends: it goes past and through plenty of small towns with anything you need. The rural areas provide the brilliant country pubs which serve great food. They always appear out of nowhere during or near to lunchtime.  No joke. But that is the countryside.  Most the b&bs I stayed did dinner too. Some more like inns: pub/restaurants  with rooms. If you like I can tell you which I stayed at. But of course there are many. It also depends on over how many days you wanna do the route. By the way, the map is updated with more info and locations  continuously. The plan is to really promote the Antonine Wall walk until it's as popular as the Hadrian's wall walk.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy